chapter 15

Jing Sheng the next day got up extremely early, he watched his face and brushed his teeth with a chew stick then went to make breakfast. Boiling the shrimp then takes out the flour and other ingredients along with other utensils to make dough to fry Dumplings he is making sure to make enough for four people and lunch which is a lot. 

After boiling the shrimp, he then puts on the frying pan and adds oil, he drains off the water of the shrimp then starts removing the shells. 

He looks up to see his eldest son up and ready, his face already washed, his hands clean as he walks over to Jing Sheng.

"Good morning mom, may I help?" 

"Sure, try slowly removing the shrimp shells here is a fork to help and hold it at the tail" 

Jing Sheng fixes his hand properly then demonstrates it to him and when the boy shows that he has learned, Jing Sheng hugs him gently around his neck and kisses his forehead. "Xiao Jin is really a smart boy such a fast learner" 

Chen Jinhai blushed a bit with a pout at his cheek, Jing Sheng went to focus on frying the Dumplings. A while later Chen Jianyu walks in the room his small tummy grumbles when he smells the food in the air, he creeps slowly over to the table then looks over at the bowl with fried shrimps. 

Jing Sheng smiles seeing the little hungry eyes staring at the foot, "go wash your face and brush your teeth then you get breakfast" 

The little one soon sprints out of the room to brush his teeth and wash his face, it usually takes some time and a bit of fussing for Chen Jianyu to do as he is told but being a little foodie he is quick to jump to orders when food is involved. 

After they are done making breakfast, Jing Sheng begins to divide each share accordingly while leaving some for lunch. 

When Chen Jianyu returns he hurriedly sits around the table while looking at his mother who then brought the food and placed it before him.

"Thank you mommy" 

"Your welcome bao bao" 

"Thank you mom" 

"Your welcome bao Jin and thank you for your hard work" He said walking over to his bowl.

"Brother Jing!" 

Hearing the call of his name outside, he went out and saw Le Yan outside looking at him fully prepared for a day's work.

"Come inside"

Le Yan nods following Jing Sheng inside, Jing Sheng shares some of his breakfast with him and Le Yan graciously thanks him. After eating they wash the dirty bowls then take the things they need and set off to fish for the morning. Arriving at the river Jing Sheng looks at Chen Jinhai taking him at the side for a moment.

"Bao Jin, you know the plants that I took home last time" 

Chen Jinhai nods, "you call them water spinach and river mint" 

Jing Sheng smiles patting his head, "smart boy, now I want you and your brother to pick some up the river while your uncle and I fish but you must be careful and keep your brother closely understand?"

"Yes, don't will" 

"That's my good boy" 

Jing Sheng kisses his temple while side hugging him, as they walks back to Le Yan and Chen Jianyu. Jing Sheng smiles at the little boy then said, "Bao bao, I'm gonna need you to be a good boy and help your brother okay? Can you do that?" 

"Does that mean I won't have to be around smelly fish and crabs?" 

"Yep, you can help brother pick plants"