chapter 24

It's been two (2) days since Jing Sheng given birth, Chen Jinhai was in the market with Le Yan selling fish. Sales has not been well the past two days. 

"It's him the evil brat," 

"I heard he beats his grandfather,"

"I heard his mother pushes his in law causing her to lose her baby" 

"Such evil people, let's stay away before they harm us too," 

Chen Jinhai feels terrible, he doesn't dear look up and soon Le Yan rest his hand on the young boy's shoulder. " Jin Er, don't be sad we understand that you never meant for this to happen," 

"But why are we the one to suffer uncle? That old man attacked first he wanted to hit me he wanted to hurt my mother! Why is no one talking about that?! Why are they spreading such lies?! It was uncle Ming who hurt is wife and child why is mother being blamed?! It's not fair why is it so unfair?!" 

Le Yan didn't know how to answer such a question, it's just how the world works. Today they had to return earlier than usual not many fish were sold today so they had many to share between the family. 

Chen Jinhai went to sit next to his mother who was resting with his younger and baby brother, his mother had told him to stay but someone had to work while his mother heal right? 

Le Yan cooks some food for the family before leaving to his family.

Returning home there was a gloomy silence and soft whimpers of his sister in law, she hasn't eaten in two days.

"Lingling, please eat, there is porridge you need to eat," Chen Ming begs his wife. 

"..." Ai Liling didn't answer and simply laid in bed.

"Lingling, I'm sorry, please I'm sorry," he cried.

The children didn't play much they were at their mother's side waiting while listening to beckoning of their father. Le Yan prepared the fire and begins cook, his gent son offering to help. 

The house felt silent and tragic, truly the day when Chen Ming reached the doctor he had spent his last silver to buy medicine and treat Ai Liling. As if losing her child wasn't enough being told that there is almost zero (0) chances of you being able to get pregnant again was devastating to hear, since then Chen Ming had been at Ai Liling's feet apologizing. 

"This is all that evil gent's fault!" Da Peng curses rubbing his throbbing hip. "Ah, Ming my boy gimme some of that medicine my hip hurts!" 

"Shut it and bear it you annoying old man! Can't you see they are grieving!" 

"They cried enough yesterday! I haven't gotten enough sleep! If it wasn't for that damn traveler none of this would happen!" 

"If you didn't mind your own business!" 

Soon the silent house became loud with arguments.

Early next day Jing Sheng gets up to make breakfast, tying the little baby to his belly thinking of ways to make better in-come. He feels guilty about the other day and wish he could take it back but sadly not possible so right now he wants something as to help memento the grieving mother. 

Right now the town's people sees them as evil so business will be slow and he might receive some harassment so it's best to avoid the town and try working on the house for a while.

"Mr. Jing!"

Jing Sheng freeze wondering who it is he walks outside to see the Yu brothers at the gate. 

"Ah Yu Hang, Yu He," Jing Sheng said kindly.

He looks in the brothers arms to see a rabbit with a parcel of rice, Jing Sheng was curious.

"Huh?" 

"Uh, we came to congratulate you even though we are late,"  Yu Hang said politely.

"Thank you, but you didn't have to,"  Jing Sheng said politely.

Yu Hang shakes his head, "we are only showing goodwill to a friend, we are friends right?" 

Yu Hang seems unsure since he doesn't want to impose on anyone, Jing Sheng smiles politely. "Of course, come in let's all enjoy breakfast," 

Yu Hang was a bit taken aback but he nods, his brother follows him as they both entered the yard and into the house. Chen Jinhai peeks at who it is before entering the kitchen with to help his mother, he sees that is Yu Hang and Yu He and the brothers had been good to his family so he has no problem with them.

"Hello Xiao Jin, good morning," 

"Good morning" 

The brothers greet him, "good morning older brother Yu Hang and older brother Yu He," Chen Jinhai greets back.

"Bao Jin go wake your brother and wash up," Jing Sheng said.

He nods walking to the other room as Jing Sheng shares the food, he offers the brothers their shares with tea and when the children returns he gave them theirs then tend to the small child wrapped around him. It feels weird to nurse he must say, after all he is been a man for an entire lifetime suddenly he is pregnant and giving birth, now he is nursing? 

After nursing, he puts his sleeping baby on the bed to sleep then walks head back to the kitchen to the Yu brothers. He excuse the children to go play outside as he had matters to discuss with the Yu brothers. 

"Brother Yu, I'd like to suggest a little business with you would you like to hear it?" Jing Sheng asks.

"Business?" 

"Well, it's about the fishing, also your a huntsman right?" 

"Yes," 

Jing Sheng smiles, he wants other ways to earn income once he has enough money he can make a little farm in his back yard. Jing Sheng has lots of things planned, Le Yan is still willing to work with him after that misfortune so he wants to extend the income and work to him. 

"Please hear me out first…"