chapter 7

The previous Jing Sheng was a very peaceful and beautiful gent and like any beautiful person there are people out there that want to claim him as theirs. But Jing Sheng only had eyes for Chen Chuanli and the same can be said for Chen Chuanli who loved and adored him to the moon. Sadly after the terrible parting of his beloved Jing Sheng had to become the provider who was forced to fish himself and he was not good at it, it was there that the worst event of his life happened.

The day that event happened was when Chen Jianyu was very sick and needed tending to. He had left Chen Jinhai home so he could watch over his brother as he looked for something to help them get medicine. They barely had money so he had to earn it one way or another, it was a simple day where a parent was earning something for their sick child. It was that day after catching good bait, having high hopes not knowing that those vicious men were following him and on his way to the market he was attacked in broad daylight. If they had only taken the bait it would have been bad but trying to take advantage of Jing Sheng was another vicious matter on its own.

He had to walk back home in torn clothes and was dishevelled, he had barely escaped a brutal assault by these young men. He had to put up a face in front of his children after going through so much pain while having a young stomach. What's worse about the matter is that they all knew he was expecting Chen Chuanli's child. They all were envious of Chen Chuanli who was a great huntsman, they all feared him because they knew if Chen Chuanli was here they would be the prey he was Hunting. 

But since Chen Chuanli was not here and most likely will not return they didn't hesitate in their immoral desires. 

Because the current and the past Jing Sheng was not the same he was able to look these vicious men in the eyes and be angry as well as wary. But that did not mean he didn't know the fear and danger he potentially could be in when around these men. The other man blocked him before he could get even closer to Jing Sheng.

"What are you doing?" The man who bought the fish glared at him.

Jing Sheng released the breath he didn't know he was holding, truly he was on edge.

The vicious man gritted his teeth as he glared at the man who grabbed him, he then dragged back his hand, "nothing" he said turning away leaving.

The young man watched him sharply as the man left, he then returned his attention to Jing Sheng. "I'm sorry for interfering in your business" the man apologies.

Jing Sheng looked at him shaking his hand smiling, "there is no need that was truly an unpleasant fellow, in fact you did me a favour" 

The man looked at the side thinking then looked back at Jing Sheng, "if you don't mind, I'd like for us to join our journey, you are going to the market right?" 

Jing Sheng looked at him, he observed him but if he thinks about it isn't it better to travel with this young man than alone with two children as well as pregnant and with loads? 

But then there was a chance this young man was trying to steal his fish for himself. But how is he supposed to get away with so much fish? Seeing that the odds were in his favor, he nodded.

"I'm Jing Sheng" he offers his hand out

"I'm Yu Hang, and my younger brother Yu He" he answered shaking hands

"These are my children, Chen Jinhai and Chen Jianyu" 

The both bowed greeting, "Hello big brother and thank you for your help"

Jing Sheng smiled at their politeness, he was glad they were well mannered at least. Jing Sheng smiled happily at the boys who held each other's hands. The other men nodded at them, Jing Sheng put the fishes in one large basket. Jing Sheng looked at them for a moment, "could you give me a moment I'm gonna do something real quick"