chapter 5

After dinner, Jing Sheng escorted the children to bed and stayed with them until they had fallen asleep. He then returned to his room to lay down but he didn't fall asleep, he felt hungry and the child inside him felt hungry.

The bread wasn't enough to feed the young one's hunger and he closed his eyes thinking deeply about his fishing plans. He can also try selling in the market as well, he turned on his side because it felt very uncomfortable sleeping. The child then stiffened on that side so he turned to the other side.

Sleeping while being pregnant was difficult, having the child stiffen gave him another discomfort as he turned the other side. With the constant shifting and turning, Jing Sheng had no choice but to sit up in frustration and start to rub his tummy. Though the little wrustler was small and mostly weak it still didn't cease to be a menace to its parent sleep. Jing Sheng thinks the little one is acting up because he is very hungry but there was nothing he could do. The bread was finished and the fish was for tomorrow.

"Little unborn one, I know you are hungry and I'm twice as hungry for the both of us buy in order to earn food I your papa needs rest, if I can't rest no food for us and we both starve to death". he spoke caressing his stomach trying to appease the unborn baby.

Jing Sheng took this time to continue to continue to think about his future and the future of the children, he was now responsible for all their lives and it was a lucky thing he was accustomed to the village lifestyle or he would be in trouble. When it seems like the little wrestler calmed down he tried to get some sleep.

Early next day Jing Sheng got up looking for the fish net and as expected, it wasn't in the best of shape but in order to make some money and earn food he must make use of this net even if its shape were no good.

Taking the fish bait and dampening the net with it so it could attract them. It was some time later that Chen Jinhai woke up. Usually he'd wake up earlier but today was different since he was tired. Chen Jinhai Sniffed the air. He smelled something funny. It kinda had this fishy unpleasant smell to it had the fish gone bad?

Chen Jinhai could only sighed in frustration as he headed to throw out dirty fish, but to his surprise it was his mother robbing something on the net, he was confused about what his mother was doing as he tilted his head confused. "What are you doing?" He asked

Jing Sheng looked from the net smiled, "Ah, bao Jin, mother just had an idea on how to catch fishes"

"Eh? How"

"Ah, bao bao, you do remember that your mother's parents were travellers right?"

Chen Jinhai remembers it was something his father and his mother spoke of back then before his father was viciously snatched away by the evil officers, his father would speak about how lucky he was to have met his mother. He told him that his mother was very smart and that he was able to read and write, which was rare for the local people.

Chen Jinhai loved to see his parents together and he loved how they both loved him together as well as his little brother but then the evil official snatched his father away he hated them! But now that was not the issue.

"Yes, I remember"

"Well, I remember something from when I was young and travelling with my parents, we had been travelling through a fishing village and I learned something about fishing that I just remembered. Will you help me?" Jing Sheng asked

Chen Jinhai nods of course he will! Anything to ease his mother's suffering and feed his siblings, while his father was away he must protect and provide for the family he was now the man.

Jing Sheng smiled, though he hated to put such work on a malnourished child. They need food and need to fend for themselves.

"Okay, go wake your brother, and wash your mouths then eat the remaining fish. I've boiled water. Cool some, then eat and drink it. We will be going fishing soon" he instructed as he tried to mend the net a little

Chen Jinhai nodded obediently, he turned to go and wake his little brother. Who was very tired but they needed to cooperate with their mom. Waking him as they both took water and washed their faces and mouths they returned to their mother who already had the fish head warmed on the table with water.

Jing Sheng even though it wasn't a proper meal it's better when it's warm, Chen Jinhai looks at his mother. "Mom, what will you be eating?"

"don't worry I'm full"

"You need to eat"

"I'm fine, I'm fine, don't worry about me" Jing Sheng insisted

Jing Sheng was worried about his mother, his mother was always thinking of them and not himself. "But-"

"I'll eat something soon promise but first we must catch fishes, it seems the little one is rejecting the food for now" he in forms

Chen Jinhai had no choice but to yield for now, he let Chen Jianyu eat first then he ate.

After having something to bear their hunger, they picked up the things they needed for fishing then exited the house, closing it behind them. Jing Sheng smiled as he made sure everything they needed was with them.

"Bao Jin, hold your brother's hand keep him close" he smiled

Chen Jinhai nods, taking the hand of his little brother who was sucking his thumb, he was already starting to feel hungry. But like the many other days he must bear it so his mother could make something for them to eat.