Chapter 19

Four days passed by in a flash and Jing Sheng had already become a bit accustomed to this world, he looked at the boys who had the bucket and basket in their hands. They are not fishing today after all, he had made sure the kids had clean clothes to wear.

Though it won't be easy considering they don't have any soap and in this world only nobles and rich possess such a thing, Jing Sheng knows how to make it but their situation is just getting stable for extra expenses so he has to use the batting stick. 

Jing Sheng looks at Chen Jianyu hopping around while Chen Jinhai is as calm as always, he should let them play a bit for today after all they have been working hard.

Reaching the river he saw Le Yan with one resembling Le Yan and the other looking very coldly, Le smiles surrounding while pails with clothing. 

Jing Sheng smiles as he greets Le Yan, "Greetings brother in law, nephews. kids say hello" 

"Hello uncle, cousins" 

"Hello cousins, uncle" 

Jing Sheng looked at twins though one was visibly taller than the other, they were clearly under weight.

"Ma, can we begin now?" Chen Qiao asks…

"Yes, uncle is here now" 

Taking out the clothes Le Yan went to fill the pail, Jing Sheng wanted to aid but was stopped by Le Yan who thought this was too dangerous for something that can be done by one person. While Le Yan fetches the water Jing instructs Chen Jinhai and Chen Taio to separate the clothes while Chen Qiao keeps an eye on the mischievous Chen Jianyu…

After preparations have been done, Jing Sheng allows the children to go play while he and Le Yan washes the clothes. 

Jing Sheng hands Le Yan the batting stick while siting at the bucket to hand wash some, Le Yan was confused as to what Jing Sheng was doing but knowing his brother in law he nodded. 

Not a while later they soon started to wash the clothes, Le Yan pauses and look at his brother in law whose hands were making funny squirting sounds as he rubs the clothes, Le Yan though initially amused turns back his attention to the clothes he placed on a rock to use the batting stick. 

The children who where playing hopscotch on the river bed, it was Chen Jinhai turn as he was ready to throw his trinket he was pushed by Chen Jianyu. 

"I wanna play!" 

"Cousin Yu, it's not your turn!" Chen Taio scolds 

"But I want to play now!" Chen Jianyu pouts. 

Chen Jianyu who was ready to throw his trinket was stopped by Chen Jinhai, "behave or we won't play with you. Stop" 

Chen Jianyu looks at his brother who is wearing a serious expression, it reminded him of their father he then pushes him again then tell.

"You can't tell me what to do! Your not Papa!" 

He throws the trinket at the ground then ran towards Jing Sheng then hugs him from behind burying his head there. This action surprised Jing Sheng greatly.

"Yuyu?" 

"Mama when is Papa coming back? I want to play with him," 

Jing Sheng froze for a moment then continues. "You miss him?" 

"Yessh, he should come back, his hunting for too long now, and Jinhai is trying to be him his not Papa, Papa is Papa, Jinhai is Jinhai!" 

Jing Sheng looks in the direction of Chen Jinhai who was standing in a date looking sad, he doesn't know what to do on that part. This happens a lot whether it's with the death of a family or been away for long time. Children don't understand, Chen Chuanli was main figure in this family and sometimes when a member is absent children sometimes change and for little Chen Jianyu is that he became rebellious. 

"Papa will come when he can, all we can do is be patient and wait our turns right?" 

"But I don't want to wait," 

"But you have to baobao, Papa is off doing dangerous work and he probably get reckless if he knows baobao is impatient, do you know what happens when you are reckless?" Jing Sheng asks sweetly.

"You can get badly hurt and end up, Papa said this when teaching big brother." he said, proud at himself for remembering.

"Good, so we must be patient and before you know Papa will be here" Jing Sheng gently touch the tip of the child's nose with a smile.

"Okay then I'll be patient, Jianyu is the most in the world!" He grins.

He then ran back to play with the other kids, he looks at the little one bowing then tugging his brother's hand. Soon all the children were laughing happily, Jing Sheng smiles as he saw them.

Time went by and they were almost done, hearing chuckles of men: familiar men.

Coming closer Jing Sheng swallows as he the brutal men. He could feel his heart quickening he looks towards the clothes basket relieved that it was the last one, he rushly rub it few times before throwing it into the pail this confuses Le Yan as Jing Sheng was not one rush his actions.

The vicious man turns his head witnessing Jing Sheng, immediately his smile became a frown. "You!" 

Jing Sheng looks away but the man's rapid steps catches up to him then grabs his wrist. "You're stealing all the fishes!" 

Le Yan seeing the man grab Jing Sheng pushing the man to back off, "hey! Leave!" 

The vicious man stare at him, "thief both of you stealing all the fishes! I haven't been able to catch a good bait since you two!!" 

"You can't can't catch bait because you can't fish!" 

"You—" 

As the two bicker back and forth, Le Yan looks down to see if he was peeing he is been feeling strange for a while now. Seeing it he taps Le Yan to get his attention, Le Yan feeling the persistent tapping of his friend he turns his hand only to look down in his direction.

"Ah! Chen Taio, Qiao!" 

"Go call mother!"