chapter 6

Walking down the hill felt tiresome, his back and ankle were already throbbing as his breathing became heavy, he didn't make it obvious though. He looked around as if there were others walking around as if heading for the same river, the people looked at him without saying anything.

The previous Jing Sheng was already in bad spirits with them for the taking of his so it wasn't odd he didn't greet them and they didn't greet him either. They all said that Jing Sheng was being unreasonable which was true to some extent, but it's understandable that his reaction would be great losing his husband like that.

Chen Jinhai held his brother tightly and carefully, walking to the river looking for the people yesterday. Finally they reached the river.

It was a large river so there were many things done in this river in different parts, Jing Sheng also thought it was also natural for water edible plants to grow. But he first rested by a stone, this was too much work for this pregnant body. He rest his hand on his enlarged tummy breathing, "boys please spread the net"

Chen Jinhai went and opened the net. It seems his mother had tried to mend the net, looking around Jing Sheng squinted his eyes as he saw something. He eased up with a groan walking over to the patch of greens up the riverbanks, Chen Jinhai told his brother to watch the net as he followed his mother.

Jing Sheng stopped in the patches of bushes and picked them. His lips slowly curved up into a light hearted smile, he got up and looked over in the river that was flowing down. He looked down at the settled area where the men who weren't carrying off the work were.

In truth Jing Sheng feared these men, they were atrocious but he was pregnant they couldn't repeat their atrocious act against him while being pregnant and had two kids. He ignored the men then walked down there very carefully and with guards up Jing Sheng was next to him. Then one of the large men turned his head, "Ah, Jing Sheng, what a lovely morning it is I haven't seen you in so long" the man said with a bright grin

"......."

Jing Sheng didn't say anything and simply turned to Chen Jinhai clenching his hand, "Chen let's go" he said walking away

He will not exchange greetings with such a vicious young man, it was fortunate for him that the river was crowded this morning or he would have turned back not daring fish with these three vicious men around.

"Chen Jinhai, Chen Jianyu, remain close to me," he said calmly.

The man smirked pridefully, "oh, Jing Sheng don't be like that. I can help you fish, who knows we might get along well"

Jing Sheng did not say anything, why would he? He will never want to exchange words with such vicious and unruly men.

Chen Jinhai like his mother did not speak back, he was an enduring character for his family he would endure the worst even if it was beating from a man a decade and half older than him. In fact, that man was there yesterday when the other man beat him and stole his money.

His father taught him, no person with good character will stand by and watch children face injustice.

"Jinhai at the count of three"

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

With the third count they dropped the net as the other three men laughed, "Jing Sheng have you forgotten how to fish? Hahaha there is no way the fish would come in such sh-"

As mixture inside the rope spread the fish started to follow, from one to two from two to four from four to eight from eight to many. The men were in awe, not just the three vicious men but also the other fishermen Jing Sheng nodded at Jing Sheng signalling him to draw up. And with all the strength they both gathered they drew up the next with all their might, but it was still heavy and they both had little energy so at that moment he was ready to drop the net when two other men came to their aid.

They helped him carry the net to land, Jing Sheng felt like he was ready to faint as his head felt light, he stumbled back but was caught by the helpful mister. "Thank you" he spoke sincerely

Jing Sheng soon regained his composure as he looked at the man. He was obviously young but large, his age was probably around 20 to 21.

"No worries, I'd like to buy some of your fish. Do you mind naming your price?"

Jing Sheng nods, "5 copper per fish".

The man was taken aback at the small price of the fish, because it was the only meat form;

That was relatively cheap these days. Because of the lack of food, it was expensive and the shortage of money did not help people who were willing to commit a thief for a simple bread. This place was not in good condition but since it was 5 copper per fish he would not lose this opportunity.

"Give me 3 fish" he smiled, he took out the money from his purse then handed him 15 coppers.

Jing Sheng smiled as he took out the money, he then went and took five fishes. "Here are you sir"

The man was confused, "I paid for three?"

"Yes, and for the aid I gave you 2 fishes" he said

The other boy beside him looked around 16 and it seems to be with this man. Though times were hard Jing Sheng was not picky or stingy, reward comes reward goes.

"Hey! What did you do to the fishes!"

Jing Sheng furrowed his brow when he saw the vicious man rapidly approaching him. It was clear the man was not pleased with his success in fishing, and the fact he had his first customer. But what does he expect from an evil and vicious rapist?

 But what does he expect from an evil and vicious rapist?