chapter 25

"You see, the other day a slight misfortune happened which caused a hit in our fishing business and now not many are willing to buy from us anymore," Jing Sheng explains.

Yu Hang already knew in fact the whole village knew he was just passing by when he saw Chen Ming running with his wife in his arms the other day and from the many different versions of the story he puts two and two together not to mention the fact that it was also the day Jing Sheng had given birth.

So their mother and sister in law came up with the hypothesis that the old man was at fault and the little boy was only trying to protect the mother giving birth, so in the end they didn't pay much mind to it.

"So I was wondering, if you could catch and sell some fish every weekday and my brother in law would sell it and split the profit 80-20, with an additional rate of giving you 5 fish." 

Jing Sheng offers, they make good money off the fish because of their cheapness and sometimes restaurants want them so they can fish a second time. But fishing isn't the only thing he has in store though, he wants things that will ointment for sickness. He knows good herbs but because of their recent backlash to their reputation they can't sell anything so he's gonna have to rely on others for the time being. 

Yu Hang touches his chin thinking deeply, it isn't a bad deal in the end and they would be earning some end of the week income, though for hunters like him business is a little slow its best to have something that can help after all his mother and sister in law needs to eat as well as little brother Yu He worrying about his wife. He looks at his younger brother who proceeds to nod at him, he looks up at Jing Sheng with a warm smile. "Yes, we agree" 

Jing Sheng smiles glad that there is one thing off the list for today, then his expression becomes hard again. "Brother Yu Hang, there is another thing I'd like to ask." 

Yu Hang looks at him with concern as Jing Sheng seems hesitant to ask, "yes?" 

"On your next journey to the woods, could I join you?" 

Yu Hang's sword eyebrows meet and his lips arches down into from which doesn't do the handsome young man justice, Yu Hang had short black hair that lay gently down his head, his eyebrows where sharp, his eyes that are a dark brown that if not looking close enough seems as though it was black to others. There is a beauty mole under the bottom chin of the male, Yu Hang's upper body was thick, his height looks around 5 '10 if not 6 feet. 

Yu Hang was not pleased, it wasn't long since Jing Sheng gave birth, how can he bring him to the dangerous woods where there are all kinds of wild boars, pigs, tiger and whatever animals plus he couldn't forget the poisonous plants. 

“I'm not very sure about this,” Yu Hang said unsure.

“I won't be of trouble, I promise, I just need something in the woods that's all to collect a few plants. I won't even carry the children.” He pleads gently.

Yu Hang looks at the face of the pleading widow, he bit his lower lip a bit and with a soft sigh. “Yes, I'll agree but we will not venture just for your safety.” 

Jing Sheng's face lights up, “of course! You'll not regret it. I promise!” 

Yu Hang smiles when his brother looks at him for a bit then looks at the concubine, “Ah, Mr. Jing, is there any particular reason why you're going to the woods?” 

Jing Sheng blinks then puts his finger on his chin to think. “I'm planning to look for some plants”

“Plants?” 

“Yes, my parents were travellers and they knew a lot about plants so I'm thinking of picking plants to make tonics as well as wood for fire and some other stuff.” Jing Sheng said.

There were a lot more things in the forest such as silk worms, honey and lots more… a world of yet to be discovered resources.

“I can deliver wood today,” 

“Thank you I'll make sure to pay you,” he offers quickly.

“No need, I'll deliver the woods you need for fire.” Yu Hang said politely.

“Really, I can't do that, I will pay you. Mr. Yu,” Jing Sheng insisted.

Yu Hang can not debate any further since Jing Sheng shows no sign of resisting his favour. 

Soon the baby begins to cry and Jing Sheng feeling tired signs he had forgotten how demanding babies are. “Excuse me please.” 

Yu Hang nods, Yu He looks at his brother. “First rabbit now woods?” he asks incredulously.

“I feel that we may benefit on the long run,” Yu Hang said feeling certain.

“Really? Or you just don't want this as a reason to court Mr. Jing.” He said teasing.

“Shame on you, how dare I try to court a married gent?” He said feeling insulted.

“It's war brother, who knows?” Yu He said in a suggestive manner.

“Yu He!” 

“What?!” He shouts as he soon realised the child looking at him at the door.

Chen Jinhai was there with the dishes, he looked at Yu He saying nothing then simply went to put the plate down leaving not before giving Yu He a murderous glare.

Yu He swallows, not daring to say more, he now feels guilty about what he said. Jing Sheng soon returns and in his arms is a child, Yu He seeing the mother and baby feels uncomfortable and ashamed seeing his brother's expression Yu Hang scoffs unbothered by his brother's wallowing.

“Sorry about the long wait,” Jing Sheng apologies.

“No worries, it wasn't long at all.”