Prologue

"So what am I meant to say? She has nowhere else to go" Genevieve and Ryan had been left alone on the tour bus, the rest of the band sensed an argument was brewing between the couple.

"Gen we haven't seen her in over 5 years. What about your parents?" Ryan replied, he was as equally frustrated as Genevieve.

"Ryan they are too old to take Mia on, you know that" Genevieve moved forwards to close the gap between her and her husband "I know it's not ideal and the timing couldn't be worse, but she's just a kid with a long list of people who have let her down. Please don't make her add our names to that list"

"Alright fine" Ryan backed down reluctantly, no matter how much he hated the idea of unwillingly inheriting a 15 year old, he knew Genevieve was right. It was up to them to give her a chance "But if it doesn't work out...?"

"Then we will think of something else" Genevieve threw her arms around Ryan's neck "You won't regret this I promise" she kissed him, before quickly letting go of him and picking up her cellphone. Ryan watched her disappear off the bus.

"I already do" Ryan sighed ran his hands through his hair, he wasn't sure if Genevieve had been blinded by duty to her family, or by guilt. She had never really spoke to her sister Shannon since they fell out 5 years ago and Ryan couldn't help thinking, that maybe Genevieve thought, taking on Mia would fix that.

"Is it safe?" Brent stood in the doorway of the bus "I saw Gen get off and Zach said I should check you're still breathing"

"Yeah man, still breathing" Ryan chuckled.

"And did you sort everything out, you know about Mia?"

"If you mean did Gen get her own way then yeah" Ryan was already regretting his decision "Why do women have that effect on us?"

"It's their super power dude, women have the power of manipulating men" Brent teased as he picked up his guitar "Besides how bad can it be taking on a 15 year old? At least she's toilet trained"

X-x-x

Later that afternoon Genevieve joined Ryan and the others back on the tour bus "Did you speak to them?" Ryan asked as Genevieve squeezed herself in the gap between Ryan and Zach. Copeland was sleeping in his crib

"Yeah, we pick her up from the airport on Wednesday morning"

"That's 2 days away" Ryan was a little shocked how soon things were happening "Isn't there checks and stuff they need to do?"

"Ryan, Mia's 15 not 4, it's not like they need to make sure the house is childproof" Genevieve giggled "Relax honey, I am sure everything will be okay"