Chapter Twelve

"Relax honey they will love you" Ryan spoke to me through the rear view mirror. I was sat in the back of the car with Copeland while Gen was in the front with Ryan.

We were on our way to Ryan's parents house for Sunday lunch, or did I mean Granny and Grandpa's god knows, all these new family members I had now was kind of scary.

"Ryan's right chicken, his Mom and Dad will love you" Gen smiled as she turned to face me "You'll be fine I promise" I hated meeting new people, more people to be dissapointed in me.

The tyres slowed as we reached our destination, I wasnt really sure what I was expecting. But it definately wasnt this, the house was a modest looking town house with a small garden and lots of flowers and shrubs, I looked up and saw a small fair haired woman standing in the doorway. She rushed towards Ryan, who was unstrapping Copeland from his car seat. I was still inside the car.

"Here Mom" Ryan handed Copeland to his Mom "Why don't you take him and Gen inside, I just need a minute" I didn't see but I guess he must have gestured towards me.

"Of course honey I'll make us some tea" his Mom sung cheerfully as she went inside.

"Talk to me Darlin" Ryan frowned as he sat in the passenger seat and turned his whole body to face me "It's only my mom and dad"

"To you maybe" I realise I am thinking out loud, but worse than that I now have to explain myself "I feel like I need to prove myself, I don't want to disappoint them"

"What makes you think you will?"

"Erm you have met me right?"

"Yeah, I have" Ryan frowned "And from what I have seen so far I honestly dont think anything about you would dissappoint them"

"Really?" I can't hid the shock in my voice.

"Listen you are a beautiful, smart and incredibly talented young woman" Ryan smiled "I know for a fact my Mom and Dad will be proud to welcome you into our family, now why don't we go and say hi...of you don't want to stay after 20 minutes then I promise I will take you home okay?" I nodded Ryan couldn't really have been fairer than that.

"Okay" I nod and follow Ryan out of the car "20 minutes?" I look towards him for reassurance, I frown as a smirk aplears on his face.

"Yeah 20 minutes" he pushed the door open and leads the way to what looks to be the kitchen.

"Hey Mom, Dad...this is Amelia" Ryan introduced us "But she prefers to be called Mia"

"Hello Mia" Ryan's Dad smiled.

"Hi honey, its so nice to finally meet you" Ryans Mom greets me with a warm hug "My gosh you look just like Ryan when he was your age" I see Ryan throw his Mom a glare. I can't help but stick up for her, besides she was only trying to break the ice.

"Wait, you used to be my age?" I look at Ryan and his expression softens, Gen and Ryan's parents seem amused by my response "I bet you can't remember that long ago?"

"Watch it little Tedder" Ryan said without thinking, he looked apologetic. If I am honest though I didn't mind him calling me that in the slightest. It was nice to finally be associated with a proper family.

"It seems you have your Dad's sense of humor too" Ryan's Dad laughed.

"That's not the only thing Mia inherited from her Dad, she has his musical talents too" Gen intterupted.

"Oh my gosh" delight flushed over Ryan's Moms face "Do you play instruments, sing?"

"Erm I can play the piano, Guitar and I sing too" I reply, Gen pulls me closer into the family group.

"Yeah Mia auditioned for The Voice recently" Ryan finalky spoke again "All four judges turned"

"Who did you pick?" Ryans Dad now seemed excited.

"Christina, I have to go back for round two" I frown.

"Which she will breeze through" Ryan speaks so proudly when he talks about me, I have never had this before and I have to admit its nice.

"Well maybe me and Marlene can come and watch you?"

"Yeah I'd really like that" I was really pleased Ryan's family had accepted me. As I look up I notice Gen watching me.

"Told you, you would be fine" she put her arm across my shoulder and held Copeland in the other arm. He reached his little arms out to me. I took him from Gen "Aww you love your MiMi don't you baby" Gen had a babyish tone in her voice.

"Hey Buddy" I smiled at him, I found myself also babbling to him. As we play peep boo, I feel a familiar pain in my head "Gen take him" I push him at Gen, who hesitates "TAKE HIM" raising my voice to Gen soon grabbed the attention of Ryan and his parents.

"Mia" Gen gasped as she held Copeland. I saw Ryan rush towards me, before I fell onto the hard wood floor...then nothing.

"It's okay baby I got ya" Ryan was knelt in front of me he had put his jacket under my head, my eyes gently flickered open and I was surprised to see everyone standing around me. I felt so embarrassed but as usual Ryan was amazing "Mom could you get Mia some water please?" He helped me to sit up.

"Yeah of course" she seemed panicked.

"Are you okay honey?" Gen leant forwards and moved the hair from my face.

"Shit you're bleeding" Ryan gasped, he took a closer look "And bring a cloth Mom" he called into the kitchen. I heard a reply but it was muffled.

"Please tell me I don't need to go to the hospital again" I frown hopefully.

"No honey not today, I don't think you need stitches this time" Ryan smiled "But you will have to go and see the doctor again about your epilepsy" I remembered the doctor telling me, if I had anymore seizures then I needed to go and see him. They will need to reassess my medication.

I nod as Ryan wipes my head with a damp cloth, I look down where I fell and to my horror there is a small patch of blood "Oh my gosh I am really sorry"

"Oh sweetie don't you worry about that" Ryan's Mom chuckled "As long as you're okay" she handed me the glass of water.

"Thank you" I try and be as polite as I can, but truth me told my head was still pounding. I can hardly think let alone speak.