Chapter Eight

During my hospital visit I had been given a mri scan and an EEG scan, and have now been officailly diagnosed with epilepsy (Who knew) I am on lots of different medication and have basically been told to manage it the same way as I have done for the last 12 years.

Auntie Gen and Uncle Ryan have been amazing, I never imagined someone who hardly knew me would take such good care of me. I had been spending alot of time with Ryan, he was helping me with music. We shared to same love for music which was nice considering I also had alot in common with Gen.

It has been just over a week since my hospital visit, the stitches have been removed and I have been left with a lovely jagged scar on my head, luckily it blended with my hairline. Ryan said I looked like Harry Potter, which I didn't find so funny until Gen tried her best efforts at a Voldermolt impression. Now that memory flashes in my mind whenever anyone mentions Harry Potter.

Anyway enough of that, back to more serious stuff...like Ryan's newest album, or rather the new album him and Zach dissappear off into the music studio to produce, most of every day. We have seen alot of Brent, Eddie and Drew recently too, and even though I think its awesome having a real famous band in the house most of the time I must admit I do feel sorry for Auntie Gen.

Ryan is amazing don't get me wrong and its obvious he loves her and Copeland very much, but its also become more obvious to me over the short time I have been staying here that she shares him with music, music is Ryan's biggest passion. And so it should be he is brilliant at what he does "Mia sweetie do you want some coffee" my thoughts are interruptes by Auntie Gen standing in front of me with a pot of coffee in her hand.

"No thank you" I smile "I have some" I hold up my mug, while flicking through a newspaper "Hey have you seen that?" Gen was reading over my shoulder. She pointed at an article that was advertising an American Talent show called The Voice USA "They are in Denver next week"

"That's nice, good for them" I frown knowing exaxtly what Gen is hinting at.

"You should audition" she giggles a little as she sips her coffee.

"Oh what and make a complete idiot of myself in front of thousands of people? No, I'll give it a miss thanks"

"Give what a miss?" Zach's voice interrupted us "I need coffee" he smirked towards Gen "Its going to be a long day"

"Auditions for The Voice" Gen replied. Zach too was now reading over my shoulder.

"Thats not a bad idea, do you think Ryan would forgive me" Zach joked causing us to laugh.

"I think Ryan would actually kill you if you left" I chuckle.

"Probably" Zach added some milk to his and Ryan's coffee "Seriously though Mia, you should go for it"

"Like I said to Gen, making myself look like an idiot in front of everyone is not on the top of my priority list right now thank you very much"

"Mia you have a better voice than most people who go on that show, I bet at least 2 of them will turn round for you" Zach looks at me and smiles "Think about it"

"Zach's right you have an incredible voice, you should share it" Gen added "Besides when Ryan offered to do you a demo tape remember what you said to him?"

"I said I didn't want people to hear my voice through Ryan, I didn't want my Uncle's reputation to break me, I wanted my voice to be the main attraction"

"Well then thats perfect, no one even has to know who you are" Zach took both cups off the side and carried them down the hallway. He and Gen had both left me with something to think about. I couldn't help but laugh when Gen put my laptop on the kitchen counter in front of me and turned it on.

"Just a few clicks" she turned and walked into the lounge. I shake my head as she dissappears, for some reason I find myself thinking about the idea of auditioning. What a stupid idea...I shut the laptop lid quickly before the thought enters my head again.

.............................................

Copeland's scream fills the house, I get up quickly to go and check on him. As I turn the light on I am surlrised to see someone standing there "What do you want? Get out, GET OUT" I fight him with my arms and kick him with my legs "GET OUT" I scream again. Even though the man is standing in a shadow, I think I recognise him.

"Mia" thank god Ryan is here I turn quickly but cannot see him "Mia" his voice calls me again "It's Okay Mia" as my eyes open I feel my whole body jolt upwards, before crashing into another body.

"Get off, get away, where's Copeland theres someone in his room" I fight whoever has hold of me.

"Mia its okay" As the voice speaks again I finally realise its Ryan "Mia its me, its Ryan"

"It was a bad dream honey" Gen's voice intterupred "Copelands here he is fine"

My heart was pounding and my body was shaking as I let Ryan hold me. I felt his head turn upwards towards Gen "It's Okay, we're here" his voice was gentle and calming.

"I'm sorry" I quickly pulled away as I felt my cheeks burn, my fear had turned to embarrassment "I'm sorry I woke you its just I heard Copeland scream...well obviously I didnt really but it felt so real..." I was mumbling and still very much trembling "I hope I didnt scare him"

"No honey" Gen smiled as she perched on the bed "Are you okay?"

"Yeah" I move away from Ryan as soon as I can breathe normally "It was just a bad dream" I look to Gen for reassurance.

"Yes honey and an awful one at that" Gen seemed very concerned "Do you know who you were fighting in your dream or maybe even why?" I saw Ryan throw her a dissapproving glance and even though I don't really want to tell them I feel I should so Ryan doesn't get annoyed with Gen for asking.

"I know his face" there is hardly any sound coming from my mouth "He threatened me a couple of years ago, when we were living in the squat, my Mom owed him some money"

"How much?" Ryan wondered.

"It doesn't matter I sorted it, I paid him" I am concerned by the fear spreading across Ryan's face.

"You paid him off with money?"

"Yes of course I paid him off with money" I frown, I know instantly what Ryan thought I meant "I had some saved up from afew paintings I had done so I used that"

"Mia did he touch you?" Oh great now Gen was at it, honestly I might only be short but I can more than stick up for myself. Well most of the time I can anyway.

"No he just roughed me up abit, I'm okay" I was secretly hoping my lie was convincing enough to make Ryan and Gen drop this. And luckily for me they did.