Chapter Fifteen

Spending time with Gen was amazing, we had so much fun together, it was nice to feel a connection with someone older than me. Girly time was just what I had needed, we went for a meal and then watched a movie before coming home and eating ice cream and watching trash on TV "So Nathan?" Gen grinned.

We were both sat on the sofa in our pj's sharing a tub of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream "Like I said earlier, he is just a friend" I frowned.

"Yeah okay" she chuckled, I could tell she was amused "I get it, I'm glad you have made a friend"

"Me too" I smile back weakly. The thought of telling people Ryan is my dad lays heavily on my mind.

"You okay sweetie? You look a little..." Gen had picked up on my change in expression shit.

"Yeah its just I haven't said anything about Ryan yet, or the voice. I don't want to make friends based on...I don't know...its just" damn I wish I could explain it better.

"You don't want people to be friends with you just because Ryan's your dad, or because of The Voice" That's exactly it, Gen can read me like a book "Honey you will make friends regardless of who your Dad is, you are a bright, funny beautiful young woman..." I can feel my cheeks burn as Gen reels of a list of what she thinks are my qualities "Ryan and I are incredibly proud of you and everything you have achieved over the last few months"

"Thank you" I feel a lump in my throat as Gen speaks openly to me "It means a lot to have you and Ryan in my life, I will be forever grateful to you guys for accepting me into your home and into your family"

"Sweetheart it's a pleasure to have you in our family, we're the ones who should be grateful" Gen's kind words brought a tear to my eye.

"If I am honest I thought you would be angry with me" I say honestly, she looks confused "Me being Ryan's daughter..."

"Oh Honey" Gen's sweet smile had a way of reassuring me "I'm not going to lie to you, I was a little concerned at first. But now I am just glad..."

"Glad?" What did she mean Glad?

"The more we got to know you the more I realised how hard it would be if your Dad ever came back into the picture and wanted to take you away from us...I am just glad it's Ryan, because now we won't have to face that" Gen was genuinely happy that Ryan was my dad "He loves you very much and so do I, you know that right? No matter what happens this is your home now"

"Thanks" I manage. Gen hugs me gently, all my life I have wanted this. Someone to take care of me and look out for me. Gen was a super cool Aunt and Step-Mom and Ryan was trying his absolute best to make it up to me.

X-x-x

Gen dropped me off just outside the school gate, as I entered the gate I was surprised to feel two hands on my shoulders "Morning" a familiar voice echoed in my ear. It was Nathan "How are you today?"

"Hey, I'm okay thanks" I was just about to ask Nathan how he was but he cut me short...

"I was wondering how would you feel about coming to a gig with me tonight, it's a local band but I think you'll like them" Nathan seemed quite nervous about asking me...wait was this a date?

"Yeah okay" I smile, I feel a little giddy as I turn and wall into school with him "What's the name of this band?"

"Fallen Dragon" the name sounded familiar "Have you heard of them?" Nathan asked curiously, he held the door open for me as I walked through.

"Yeah the name rings a bell?" I am still thinking where I have heard of then before. Suddenly my phone beeps 'Hey honey, is this any good to you? Ryan Xxx' it's a text and photo from Ryan, it's of a pallet of paint. Very expensive paint none the less.

'Yes it would he thank you, Mia xxx' I reply and hit send.

"Who's that?" Nathan wondered as I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Oh just my Dad" I reply "He's away at the minute"

"Oh that must sucks? It must be tough on your Mom?"

"Oh Gen's not my Mom, my Mom died a few months ago" the thought of my Mom makes my heart twang a little.

"So you got sent to live with your dad?"

"Not at first, it's complicated" I stuttered and Nathan continues to listen "I got sent to live with Gen who is my Mom's sister, but it wasn't til abit later that we found out Gen's Husband, was actually my real Dad. Apparently he and my Mom had a one night stand before he met Gen"

"So your Uncle is your Dad?" I nod and Nathan smiles "And I thought my family was complicated" I gently hit Nathan's chest.

........................
...........

I was a little nervous about my date with Nathan, I decided to go for something casual to wear. I wasn't really sure what to wear so I opted for black skinny jeans, a Grey floating top and a pair of white high top converse. Nathan had picked me up on his motorcycle which Gen thought was great. I wasn't sure how Ryan would take it though so I was glad he wasn't home. We had gone out of town for the gig, not to far out though. It was an arena gig, apparently they were supporting a band. Nathan hadn't given too many details away.

As we walked through the main entrance I was stunned to see the poster on he wall, staring back at me was my Dad "Are these who Fallen Dragon are supporting, OneRepulic?"

"Yeah, what don't you like them?" I nod and laugh. Suddenly I have an idea, I leave Nathan at our seats and walk over to the security.

"Hi my name is Mia Tedder, I am Ryan's daughter. Could me and my friend get backstage please?" I ask one of the security guards.

"Hey Jack I've got a Mia Tedder out here, says she wants to go backstage and see her Dad" the man on he radio confirms it and the security guard nods "Okay" he nods at me and then looks at Nathan who is still confused.

"Come on we are going backstage" I smile.

"Oh man" Nathan deems really excited "How did you manage that?" He asks curiously I tap the side of my nose.

"I know the lead singer of OneRepublic"

The security guard knocks on the door and Ryan opens it "Hey baby girl, I didn't expect to see you here" he smiles and gestures for us to come in the dressing room "Who's your friend?" He looks towards Nathan.

"Oh this is Nathan, he is a friend from school" I smile hoping Ryan leaves it there.

"It's nice to meet you sir" Nathan is shaking. But hasn't guessed who Ryan is to me...that's about to change though.

"How did you get here tonight? It must have been at least 2 buses?" Ryan asked and my heart skipped, oh shit i was about to get busted.

"Oh we came on my motorcycle..."

Ryan's face dropped instantly, he looked ridiculously mad. I closed my eyes tightly as I waited for his reaction...