Chapter Seven

"Take a seat Miss Tedder" the nurse smiled as she gestured towards a bed "This looks nasty what happened?" She asked me as she made me move the paper towel Ryan had given me.

"Oh erm I had a seizure, I fell on the kitchen floor and must have banged my head" I winced as she wiped my head with a sterilisation wipe.

"Sorry honey" the nurse smiled "So you have epilepsy?"

"I do yeah"

"What medication do you take?" The nurse frowned a she took a closer look at my head now it was clean.

"I don't take any" I could see the look of concern on her face "Its complicated" I blushed with embarrassment as she tried to figure out what to say.

"Ok well I think this will need stitches, are you ok to wait here while I..."

"Yeah sure"

"Did you want me to send your Dad in?"

"Oh erm...Yes please" I wanted to say he was my Uncle but I wasn't sure what Ryan had told them. I mean he had told them my last name was Tedder after all.

I looked out of the gap in the door and saw the nurse talking to Ryan in the waiting room, I hope he isn't angry that I let her think he was my dad. I moved away from the door and sat back on the bed when I saw him come towards the door "I need stitches" I frown and Ryan smiles at me.

"Yeah she said" Ryan stood next to me "How is your head now?"

"Hurts abit" I can see he is holding something back, maybe he is angry I said he was my dad "What did she say to you?"

"She just said that my daughter would need to see a doctor and asked me a few questions about her epilepsy"

"I'm sorry I didn't know what else to say, I didn't know what you had told them" my heart was racing, I knew he would be angry. I mean who would want to admit to having a freak as a daughter.

"Mia its fine" he put his hand on my shoulder "I didn't correct her either"

Huh?! Now I was really confused, he wasn't bothered I had let them think he was my dad. Suddenly Ryan's cellphone rang and interrupted the silence "Hey Gen, yeah I am with her now. Don't worry she is fine, we are just waiting for a doctor. Okay I will see you soon, I love you too"

"Is she okay?" I could hear her panicking.

"Yeah, Gavin told her what happened and she saw the blood on the floor and panicked. She won't be long, she's on her way" Ryan explained. Suddenly I remembered Gavin being at the house, I had disturbed their work.

"Oh Ryan I'm sorry, I stopped you from working" I quickly apologised.

"Yeah well you could have chosen a better time to bleed" he laughed, even though I knew he was only teasing, it still made me feel bad "Hey I'm joking, Gavin is fine to wait for a while"

"I'll be fine until Gen gets here if you want to go back"

"No I'll wait for her to get here, I meant what I said before Mia. You aren't alone anymore" Ryan touched my face and smiled at me, the nurse came back in with some equiptment to do the stitches.

..........................................

I wasn't surprised to hear Auntie Gen clashing through the door into the room I was sat in, Ryan was sat on the chair near the bed I was still perched on. Gen had Copeland in her arms "Oh god Mia look at your head, are you okay?" She gasped as she practically threw Copeland at Ryan and rushed over to me.

"It's fine Auntie Gen, it doesn't hurt anymore" I smiled as she put her arm around my shoulders.

"What did the doctor say?" Gen looked at Ryan "Did they say anything about the Epilespy?"

"They want to do a brain scan" Ryan frowned "Mia also has slight concussion so the want her to stay here for a few hours"

"I'll stay with her then" Gen didn't hesitate "You better go home, Gav is still waiting for you"

Thank god Gavin waited around I thought to myself "Okay call me when you have some news" Ryan handed Copeland back to Gen and stood up, he looked at me "And don't you feel bad, I was just glad I was at home when this happened" he smiled at me, kissed Gen and Copeland and walked out of the door.

"How is your head now sweetie?" Auntie Gen put Copeland in his stroller and came and sat on the bed beside me.

"It's okay, doesn't hurt too much"

"That's good, oh I brought you some overnight things. I didn't know if they would want you to stay in"

"Thanks. You don't think Ryan was angry do you? You know, that I disturbed his time with Gavin?" I take a deep breath and ask the question that is bothering me.

"Oh honey, no of course he wasn't angry. When I got home and spoke to Gavin he said Ryan was really worried about you"

"Yeah but he was just really quiet, I thought maybe he was mad that he had to bring me to hospital and had to waste his time"

"Mia the reason was probably quiet was because...well after your seizure Gavin said it took you a while to come round and Ryan thought you had...honey Ryan saw the blood and thought you had really hurt yourself. He had his phone in his hand ready to call 911"

I had no idea thats how bad this was. I never know how long a seizure lasts or how long I am out for. Usually there is no-one there to tell me either, I guess you could say having people who genuinely care for me is very new to me.

"Miss Tedder sorry to keep you waiting" a male voice came from the door. A doctor had come in the room "You must be Mia's Mom, I'm Doctor Taylor"

"Hey" Gen shook the doctors hand, but to my surprise didn't correct him "My husband said you wanted to do a brain scan?"

"Yes we want to assess the situation, Mia tells us she has had epileptic seizures since she can remember. She also says that she has never seen a doctor?" I could see the doctor was judging Gen.

"I also told the nurse it was complicated" I frown jumping to my Auntie's defence. I feel Gen's hand on my arm, I can tell she is grateful for my intervention.

"Well thats none of my business" the doctor smiles weakly...No its not so shut it...I think to myself "We just thought while you are here then we might as well run some tests. Thats if you don't mind Mia?" I shake my head. We might as well get it out of the way "We would also like to do some blood tests"

"Okay" Auntie Gen smiles at the doctor and then turns to me "Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah fine" I wasn't sure if I really had a choice, but I didn't mind. Even though someone caring about me was very new, it was still an amazing feeling.