Chapter Six

I wake up on the floor in the recovery position, I am guessing either Ryan or Gen did this. As I look around I can see a crowd of people standing in a circle around me, Gen is stood holding Copeland and Ryan is knelt next to my head "Hey are you ok?" Gen smiled weakly, she looked so worried and shaken.

I nod as I look up at Ryan, I start to sit up and he puts a supportive hand on my back "I brought some water" one of the waitresses hands me a glass of cold water. Ryan helps me sit on a chair. I sip the water and then hand it back to the waitress.

"Is that the first time that has ever happened to you?" Ryan asks as he crouches down in front of me. Gen has moved closer to us and some of the staff are now moving people away from us. I return my attention to Ryan who looks as worried as Gen. I shake my head and force my tears to the back of my eyes "No" I sniff.

"Have you ever told anyone about them?" Ryan asks, I think I know where he is going with this. I shake my head again and in shock he glances at Gen "So you have never seen a doctor or had medical help with this?" Ryan looked horrified.

"No, doctors were a luxury we couldn't really afford, I have got by ok" Gen and Ryan aren't having any of it though.

"Right first thing tomorrow we will make you an appointment at the drs ok" Ryan smiled, I didnt reply I just nodded "You don't need to worry about anything anymore okay, me and Gen are here to take care of you now" Ryan's words cut through me like a knife. It sounds dramtic but it was like someone had finally taken a sledge hammer to the wall I had built around me so long ago. I felt happy and safe with Gen and Ryan was obviously as happy about this situation as she was. Ryan was right I didn't need to worry anymore, I was finally somewhere I could call home. Living with people I could now call my family.

........................................

I wasn't expecting to wake up in my own bed, especially when I am pretty sure I fell asleep on the couch. I got up stretched my body into an unnatural position, while making some sort of wounded animal noise. It's funny how stretching makes you do that.

I walk over and look out of my window, it looks like it has potential to be a nice day. I drop the the curtain and listen to see if anyone else is awake, I can hear noises in the kitchen. Before heading out of my bedroom door though I check myself in the mirror. I am wearing a pair of black Pajama shorts and a pink sleeveless shirt, which has a picture of a cat in a pilots hat and goggles. I am happy with the way I look, except my hair looks like a wild bush, I head towards the kitchen.

"Morning Mia" Ryan grins widely, he is sat at the kitchen table with a guy I have seen on TV before "This is Gavin, Gavin this is our niece Mia" Ryan introduced us "How are you feeling?

"Oh hey Gavin" I feel my cheeks flush as I suddenly remember my outfit "I'm good thanks, where's Auntie Gen?"

"She's just popped out" he takes a sip off his coffee "She asked me to tell you to get dressed when you woke up. She wants to get you to the Drs"

"Are you sick?" Gavin asks, I know it's a simple question but I just freeze.

"Nah man we just want to get her registered with our family doctor" my heart stopped pounding when Ryan interrupted quickly. Thank you I mime when Ryan looks over at me. He nods and smiles.

"So I take it you are a niece from Ryan's side of the family?" Ryan frowns at Gavin's suggestion.

"What makes you say that?" He asks Gavin curiously. Gavin smiles widely, he must think Ryan is playing around.

"You have the same eyes" Gavin looks from Ryan to me and back again. Ryan's eyebrows lift as he acknowledges the idea of us looking the same "Dude she's like a brunette version of you"