Chapter 66

Angel's apartment wasn't exactly what Vaggie had expected it to be. True it was as small as she suspected but it was shockingly very clean and neat. She thought that someone like him would keep his home very messy and disorganized. Well it wasn't squeaky clean but it was tidy. As tidy as a laid back person could get their place to be.

"You can use my shower if you want." Angel told her when they arrived. "Don't worry there's a lock on the door so you don't have to worry about me peeping. When my sister visits she has a tendency to leave behind some of her clothes, so I'll give them to you to wear. A hurricane is coming so we're both gonna have to spend the night in the same room. But you can have the bed, I'll sleep on the floor."

"Why are you doing this?" Vaggie asked him.

"Well I just said a hurricane is coming and the room where my sister sleeps is the most safe. Very small, no windows-"

"Not that." Vaggie said. "I mean why did you take me from Val? Why did you bring me here? Why are you being so nice to me? Are you hoping to get a blowjob or something as reward?!"

She sounded so bitter. But Angel couldn't blame her, especially after the stunt Valentino pulled.

"Well as tempting as that motive is, that's not why. I got you out of there because I could tell that things were only going to get worse for you, here on and out."

"What are you talking about?"

"He stripped you in front of an audience, did it without so much as a shred of remorse. Now how long do you think it'll be before he decides your dancing isn't it cutting it and decides to just sell you to different men? Or women?"

"I appreciate the concern but it's not up to you to save me."

"Oh no, no I know I can't save you. You're not that type of broad. You can save yourself, I'm just trying to give you a hand at it. Which brings up a little question." He said. "Why are you with him?"

"Well why are you with him?"

"I was never with him. I just worked for him and I've decided that it's not worth it. So I've left and I'm not coming back. But you...You are going to go back to him, aren't you?"

Vaggie couldn't answer. She just looked away from him in shame, which confirmed that his deduction was correct.

"Why? After that, why would you go back? The money can't be worth it!"

"You don't understand, it's not about money! He doens't even pay us! We're his slaves! We can't leave! Even if we wanted to! And I do want to leave! But I can't!"

"That doesn't make sense. How can you not leave? What, do you owe him money or something?"

"No."

"Does he have a dirt on you? Did you commit a crime and he has you by blackmail?"

"No."

"Then what? What is he holding you with?"

"My soul!" She screamed with tears in her eyes. Tears that had been formed from years of abuse and mistreatment that she had tried to keep down. "Angel there's...There's something you need to know about me and I don't think you'll believe it but I can't see any other way to make you understand. I'm not a human being."

"Come again?"

"You know how Valentino makes money by displaying mythical creatures? Well it's not smoke and mirrors. Husk, Mr. Pentious, and myself, we're all mythical creatures. Creatures who couldn't fit in or find a place anywhere, when Valentino found us, he promised us ah ome where we would be accepted and adored. But the cost was our souls and we were so desperate to belong anywhere that we thoughtlessly agreed to his bargain and now he owns us."