Chapter 77

When Angel and Vaggie arrived at the house, Alastor wasn't quite finished getting everything so they had to wait a little longer. But they didn't mind, Angel was just dying to give Alastor his condoms and get all the details about his new relationship.

"I have been waiting my whole life to give you these." Angel said.

"Angel please, don't make a production out of this." Alastor said.

"Oh no, no you're not going to rob me of my right to gloat."

"Gloat? Gloat about what?"

"About you, and your precious virginity. All through high school, you acted like you were so much better than all of us hormonal boys because you didn't run around, having sex."

Alastor rolled his eyes, he should have expected this.

"Always thought you were so mature and responsible. Thought a man had to be an idiot for him to end up in bed with a girl...Or a guy. But looky, looky, what you've been up to."

"Are you done?"

"Almost. You're no different than any other guy who messes around. It was just a matter of timing for you."

"For your information, we're not just messing around. We're in love."

"Love, huh? Well I didn't expect you to admit to that so easily. So who is she?"

"It's Charlie."

"Well that's no surprise. I've seen the way you look at her." Angel said with a smirk. "And I've gotta say, you've got good taste Smiles. Although I don't really go for her type."

"And what exactly is wrong with her type?" He said sounding a little irritated.

"Oh no, there's nothing wrong with Charlie. She's a cool chick with a hot ass."

"How's this? You talk about her ass again and I break your neck." Alastor threatened.

"Whoa! Take it easy lover boy, I'm just saying that I don't usually go for sweet and perky dames, they don't work for me. Reminds me too much of my sister."

"Oh...In that case, sorry for overreacting back there."

"Forget about it." Angel brushed off. "So when did you two do it? And how did you do it? Missionary position right? I can't imagine you going for any of the rough stuff, at least not while you're a first timer."

"We've been through this Angel. I am not discussing my physical relationship with you. It's none of your business and it's disrespectful to Charlie."

"You're no fun." Angel huffed. "Alright then, at least tell me how you ended up falling for her?"

"I honestly can't say." Alastor said as he checked the gumbo on the stove. "But it's the strangest thing, from the moment I met her I've had this odd feeling that I know her. That I've met her once before. I felt this instant connection and the more I was around her, the stronger it grew. I can't pinpoint the exact moment I fell in love with her, all I know is ever since she's come into my life, everything is so different. She makes me look at things differently, she sees beauty everywhere she looks and she has me seeing beauty in things that I've been blind to. And it's like she knows me better than I know myself. I can tell her anything, I don't have to hide anything from her. I don't have to pretend to be happy with her."

"Wow you really are in love."

"I am, and it's in a way I never thought was real. I want to be around her every hour of everyday, I think about her all the time, and the idea of never seeing her again drives me crazy. Oh God, what am I saying? I sound like a stalker."