Chapter 83

Vaggie was a logical, responsible, pessimistic woman with a temper and an outlook on life that was rather negative. Angel was an impulsive, careless, optimistic man who's emotions were mellow and had an outlook on life that was more positive. Angel did things based on emotion where as Vaggie did things based on reason. Vaggie always thought things through but Angel barely ever thought anything through. These two couldn't have been more different from each other, and yet they couldn't be more compatible for each other. Ever since that night where they officially made their relationship romantic by sleeping together, they had began doing things to approve the other person's life.

First Vaggie helped Angel get a new job, a new decent job that was far better than anything he could have had as Valentino's employee and that would benefit his dream of being a novelist. She found out the that local book shop needed someone to categorize the romance and sensual section, and that it paid fifteen dollars by the hour. It was a job that didn't require a college education or much experience, the pay would cover his rent, and looking over all those books could help him with his novel. She filled out and sent the application, helped him dress the part for the interview and coached him on what to say. To his surprise, he got the job.

In turn he began doing everything he could to encourage Vaggie to have more self-worth, and to realize that Valentino didn't have as strong of a hold on her as she thought. When he got up in the morning to go to work at his new job, he'd leave little notes by her bedside, notes with a virtue of hers written on it or advice. It would be the first thing she'd see when she woke up in the morning.

You are strong.

You are smart.

You are beautiful.

You can do anything.

Nothing is impossible.

He only insults you because he knows that you're an incredible person and he doesn't want you to figure that out. Because then you'll leave.

You are not nothing.

You are everything to me.

With each note she woke up to, the more her confidence grew. In time, she did start to believe what was written on those notes. She was beginning to love herself, and she was beginning to love him. She had spent so many years being mocked and degraded. Being told that she was nothing, worthless, and that there wasn't anything special about her. That no one would actually ever really care for her or want her. But Angel was different. He actually believed that there was more to her, and she was starting to believe that too.

"Babe I'm home." Angel said entering his apartment that afternoon with a medium-sized box in hand.

She didn't hear him so she didn't respond. But he did hear her voice, it was coming from the bathroom. She was singing while taking a shower.

"Yo quiero que tu pongas,
Las manos arriba.
Yo quiero que tu cuerpo,
No diga mentiras."

Angel quietly slipped into the bathroom, grinning mischievously. He then stripped down, and carefully slipped in the shower and slowly came up behind her.

"Yo quiero que tu pongas,
Las manos arriba.
Yo quiero, yo quiero,
vivir la vida- Ahh!" She cried when she turned around to see him standing there.

"What?" He asked.

"Uh...Nothing, nothing." She said. "I just didn't expect you that all."

"You're acting like this is the first time you've ever seen me naked, even though we've done it six times."