Chapter 25 - New Year's Eve

WHY NOW?

Janella's POV

"PLEASE, DON'T LEAVE ME." I whispered to myself. "Please, don't leave me." I whispered to myself copying my old self in my memory, after i heard a crashing sound from the call. I have no idea of what's happening. I keep on calling Jane but i can't hear her. I can't even hear her breathe.

Is she ghosting me again?

What is that sound?

My hands are getting cold.

The call suddenly ended.

I lost connection.

But when the signal goes back, i called her again to make sure that she's okay.

She's not answering.

Maybe i should just wait for her here. I'm sure she's fine.

Maybe she just lost her signal too.

Calm down, Jea. Jane is okay. Jane will be fine and will always be.

After two hours of waiting for her here infront of the exit of gate 3, Jane finally called me.

"Babi! I'm so worried about you! Where are you? It's been two hours--"

"Ma'am Janella?" An unknown woman called my name.

Who is this woman?

"That's me. Who are you?" I asked. "I'm a nurse po in ***** hospital. Jane is currently undergoing to a surgery right as we speak. You're the person i called first 'cause you're the recent call--"

"I'm on my way." I got frozen at first, but i ended the call right away after what she said.

Oh god, please don't die. Please fight. Please be safe.

I called a taxi and told the taxi driver to go to the said hospital, fastly.

Not so long after, i have arrived to the said hospital.

"Where is Jane De Leon?" I asked the nurse. "She's still in the OR ma'am." The nurse didn't questioned my name. She probably knows me.

"Please tell me if there's an update with her. I'll just go, sit and wait for the update there." I pointed the seat where i am planning to seat.

The nurse nodded.

Not so long after, tita and tito came. Along with... Zoe, Kim and Joshua?

Ahh, i nearly forgot. It's New Year's Eve.

They saw me right away so i stood up. Tita hugged me while she's crying.

"Anong update na raw kay Jane? Where is she?" Tito asked. "She's still in the OR tito, i haven't recieved any update." Tito Arthur walked towards the nurse.

To ask the nurse i bet.

I saw how worried Kim, Joshua and Zoe are.

I told them that we should sat and wait for the update.

"Why are you so calm, Janella?! Jane is dy--" She stood up while saying that, but i cutted her words off.

"Jane is not dying! She's a fighter! Don't say that!" I said angrily.