Chapter 6: Starting School

Except for the first day when he accompanied He Shao to go shopping, Yan Hao never left the dormitory again. Even all his meals were brought back by He Shao from the canteen.

Today, He Shao returned to the dormitory with another meal. When he saw Yan Hao still sitting at his desk reading those basic books, he finally couldn't help but say, "Hao Hao, I've asked my uncle about it. There are no exams after the start of the school year."

For a few days, Yan Hao spent sleepless nights reviewing his high school knowledge, which made He Shao think that he thought there would be a surprise test after school started, so he asked his uncle, the head of the department, to find out.

"I'm not doing it for a test." Yan Hao lifted his head.

"Then what are you doing it for?" He Shao asked, "The professional examination is all over, ah. If you want to read books, you should also read our newly issued textbooks."

"My foundation is rather poor." Yan Hao said.

"Are you kidding? Those who can be admitted to the Federal University, who wasn't a top student in high school? You're telling me that you have a poor foundation?"

"I'm different from you guys, I studied pharmacy in high school." Yan Hao said.

He Shao froze, then remembered, "You said last time that you originally planned to apply for the pharmacy major, then you applied for mecha manufacturing instead. Are you saying that you studied pharmacy throughout your high school years?"

"Pretty much. I only studied mech manufacturing for one year and later I read some materials intermittently, but after all, I haven't studied it in school, so I want to supplement my basic knowledge from the beginning." Yan Hao said.

He Shao blinked, blinked again, and then gave a groan, "You studied for just one year and you got into the mech manufacturing department."

Yan Hao was startled by his super loud groan.

"Brother Hao, I used to think that you were a school guru, but it was really too superficial. You are a school god!" He Shao said excitedly.

"You are exaggerating. Didn't I say before that I changed my major?" Yan Hao didn't know whether he should cry or laugh.

"I used to think that you double majored in pharmacy and mecha manufacturing during your secondary school years, but I didn't know that you specialized in pharmacy and took the mech manufacturing exam blind. The difficulty of this exam is so different." He Shao said excitedly, "You learned mecha manufacturing for one year and you were able to pass the exam, so are you also particularly good at pharmacy?"

"Actually, I don't have much talent in pharmacy. I mainly rely on hard work, so I could barely get into the pharmacy major." Yan Hao said.

"Then what's the point of taking the exam? You studied pharmacy for six years before you could barely pass the exam, but you studied mecha manufacturing for one year and you passed the exam. Big brother, your natural skills are in our mecha manufacturing department." He Shao said decisively.

"Well, you are right." Yan Hao agreed with a smile, "I also thought the same thing, so I decided to abandon the pharmacy exam and came to the mecha manufacturing department."

"So you were half an hour late at that time, not because you were late leaving your house, but because you were taking the Pharmacy exam at that time?"

"Well, it was lucky that I met a senior at that time to show me the way. Otherwise I would've missed it." Yan Hao said.

He Shao knew that Yan Hao had switched to Mecha Manufacturing midway, but he didn't know that he was already taking the Pharmacy major exam, but ran out halfway. He had always thought that after the college entrance examination, Yan Hao had hesitated between the two majors and finally chose Mecha Manufacturing, and then spent several months cramming for mecha knowledge and finally passed the exam. It seemed that this guy was really taking the exam blind.