Chapter 4 - Fighting with Aliens

"(Okay, Firin, that is enough for now, let's head back.)" My father's voice sounded through my neck communication device. I was currently flying over Na'ring with Lu'un. Jake was somewhere behind me on Bob, his Ikran. I found the name he chose weird and way too human. I gave a signal for my Ikran to turn around through our formed Tsaheylu, to which he responded perfectly by spinning around and flying back in the direction we originally came from. I could see dad waiting for me in the distance, high above the tree-tops like myself. I pressed my left thumb and index finger onto my communication device to activate it and spoke to my father.

"(On my way.)" We recently spent more time together, ever since I first formed the Tsaheylu with Lu'un. He wanted to get my flying up to top-notch since I was still new to it. Lu'un didn't seem to mind, as he enjoyed flying at bottleneck speeds every now and then, just like myself.

We had now reached Jake who switched from staying stationary in the air to flying alongside me. "(You did good today, son.)" He seemed proud. "(I have a surprise waiting for you when we get back.)"

"(You can't just leave it at that now, tell me.)" His tail swung to the other side as he smiled to himself, he did that on purpose. Now I couldn't wait to get back, prick.

"(I think you will do just fine without me telling you.)" I pouted and looked away from him, to which he laughed. "(I love you too.)"

"(I'm not speaking with you until you tell me what you have for me.)" I wasn't really mad at him, but a surprise is best when you don't tell anyone that there will be one in the first place.

"(You just did.)" This time he didn't get an answer. "(Sure, have it your way, no talking until we land.)" His ears flicked but that statement stayed true, as neither of us said a word for the rest of the flight. The only ones making noise were Lu'un and Bob, screeching and such.

Not one second after we landed and got off of our Ikrans I ran to Jake and pointed at him.

"(Now you have to tell me what you have! I waited long enough.)" He chuckled and beckoned me to follow him, which I gladly did.

Once we reached our hut he turned around.

"(Wait here okay?)" I quickly nodded, as the seconds seemed like minutes that he was inside, sure it was maybe only 10 seconds, but my anticipation was high. When he strode back out, he had one of his hands hidden behind his back. "(I thought hard about it, but I think you should finally get this.)" He finally revealed what he had hidden from me for so long.

"(A hunting knife?!)" I was smiling brighter than ever as I took the blade and handle into my own hands to look at it.

"(Since you seem to be doing more daring things by the day, your mother and I decided you should have this.)" I only picked up half of what he said, since I was in awe by the sheer presence of my new tool. I looked at every nook and cranny of it, twisting and turning to my desire.

"(Thank you so much dad!)" I gave him the tightest hug I could have given him.

"(Whoa, slow down there.)" He again chuckled but also embraced me in a hug.

A short time later he had given me a kind of strap to put over one of my shoulders, just like the one he had, to store it in front of my chest in its sheath.

"(Now be careful, it is really sharp and can seriously hurt someone, I don't want to catch you cutting someone with it.)" Why should I ever do that?

"(I would never, you know me. I would never ever harm anything.)" I spoke without thinking much due to my excitement.

"(Let's just hope that stays true. With great-)" I interrupted him speaking.

"(With great power, comes great responsibility, yeah yeah dad, you told us a thousand times.)"