Chapter 10 - Losing Someone

Rain. It was pouring from above as if to signal something I had yet to decipher. The sharp hiss of Spiders and my exopack cut through the tense air like my knife would these heathen's throats if I had one. Patience was needed when you were captured. A lesson I now had to begrudgingly learn the hard way. There was no escape from this, being outnumbered and handcuffed was not a favorable advantage. Not without our parents, who seemed to take their time doing just that, letting us get soaked in this awful weather, being held captive by Quaritch and his goons. As for a change, there was another sound making its way into my ears.

"Blue one, stay ready, three minutes until we fly." Said a stern voice from the captain's communication device. Said Dream Walker repeating the last sentence as if no one was listening.

"Attention, three minutes." Glancing around to check on the others who hadn't done much, I only saw one warrior swatting away a bug, which flew too close to his comfort. Why he was wearing a cap on such a mission was a question without an answer for me. Spider's father stalked around, scanning the darkness of the forest. Hmm, I guess I am not the only one getting impatient.

"Secure to the rear." He told his squad member in the front, who was currently pulling the hair from Kiri's and Spider's heads and now crudely shoved them only a few meters to the side, turning ninety degrees, where his gun immediately nervously swayed from side to side, as to cover more ground. I can't believe they take a rookie with them for such things, although I guess they didn't plan on finding us here... wait... what was that? I turned my head to see my friends equally confused. One after one each of them seemed to have a glint in their eyes before turning their heads back away from the repeated wildlife noise. I gave Kiri the slightest of head tilts showing my confusion, to which she lightly smiled and looked away, leaving me to ponder for a second before connecting the dots in my head myself. The cavalry had arrived in the form of Jake and Neytiri. An internal shiver of excitement rushed through my body, which resulted in feeling a rather hurtful tug on my scalp.

"Stay still, boy!" The asshole holding my hair at the same spot I now sensed an incoming headache spat out of his mouth to keep me under control. He was lucky the main show hadn't started yet, and I was still bound by having to obey him to survive this rainy night.

"(Don't speak to him like that, dream walker.)" Muttered my sister into the seeming nothingness. Now it was her turn to get a jerk on her Kuru and be told to stay still. The corner of my mouth rose despite the serious situation we found ourselves in. She on the other hand didn't seem bothered and only kept on mumbling nonsense. After the third sentence, the soldier holding her pulled her back to look at her face whilst repeating himself.

"I said shut your mou-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as the pouring rain and his speech were interrupted by a hiss. A mere few milliseconds later, an arrow had embedded itself into the face of the rambling man, whose now lifeless corpse was flung back by the force behind the projectile. The chaos that ensued was mainly led by the yelling of his comrades followed by gunshots in the general direction they assumed to be the one who brought death upon one of them.

Lo'ak pulled the pin on a smoke grenade of some sort which bled yellow smoke into the washed air, which he and the others followed by biting into their captives' underarms to get free. Me not having the luxury of being able to bite them, having my face concealed by a glass front. To break off and join my family in the escape I slammed my elbow into the stomach of the one formerly holding on to me, getting a wheeze as a reaction before I felt his hand leave my hair which was my signal to take off.

A few curses followed by an attempt to flee the battle scene had one of the soldiers again getting hold of Kiri and dragging her back. Oh no I don't think so. I thought, beelining my way toward the two females, only to have the attacker live out the same fate as her fellow recon had done moments ago. Getting an arrow to the head.