Chapter 11 - Waking up

The only thing I picked up on was the concerned scream of my sisters before my head hit the hard jungle floor. My legs gave up which led to me losing balance, falling backward, and now laying here in the cold, wet dirt. The pain was bearable and definitely not as bad as immediately being swarmed by my family like it was now happening right now.

"(Firin!)" Was the word that pierced through the air as it was repeated multiple times by the others. Everything started blending together, I was tired. I wanted to go home, I wanted to sleep and just forget about everything. Because of this, it came as an annoyance when I was now being shaken by someone, as to halter my plans of letting the welcoming void of sleep overtake me.

"Stop." I croaked out not having the energy to give a better demand to make the assailant indeed stop and let me sleep.

"(Dad, get him home!)" Was that Tuk? I didn't care, I didn't want to care and yet I weakly raised my head, as if that would let me see better through the blur that was obscuring my eyes. The rain-covered glass of the exopack didn't help in that compartment as well. I seemed to have pushed my luck though as the world around me immediately turned to darkness. Either way, I now ended up passed out and ignorant of the world around me.

If someone had asked me how long I was out, I wouldn't have had an answer and quite frankly I didn't care. I could have been out for a day, week, or month, it would have been the same to me. What was I needed for anyways? Eywa never wanted me to be happy for some reason, always torturing me in some cruel way to keep me from living a happy life. Who was I to say no to finally giving up and forever staying this way? Wait... on second thought... that doesn't that appealing.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

A monotonous beeping woke me from my slumber. Always the same sound. I rolled over, maybe that would stop the annoying sound from breaching my ears repeatedly. It didn't sadly as my sleep was still plagued by the monotonous sound which probably never heard of a good night's sleep.

"Turn it off," I mumbled to nobody in particular. "That is annoying." For a moment nothing happened before I could hear footsteps. The volume increased with every step that was made. The sound soon gave up which earned a complete exhale from me.

"(Firin?)" a feminine voice exclaimed next to my bed. Two dull metal thumps later I could feel someone grabbing the sheets I was still clinging on to, almost forcing them away and succeeding. "(Firin, thank Eywa you woke up.)" Wait... I knew that voice. I yawned whilst sitting up and finally opening my eyes. The first thing I picked up on was Kiri sitting beside my bed. Not in a chair, but on the ground, still with my bedsheets in her hands, her short messy raven hair almost covering her eyes.

"(Is this starting to become an reoccurring theme?)" I asked the na'vi teen who dropped the bedsheets and jumped on the bed in one singular motion. I kind of expected to be hugged, but was rather surprised by what happened next.

SLAP

"(Do you know how worried I was?!)" I held my stinging cheek and turned my head back to face my sister. She rather unfortunately had quite the slap which stung pretty bad. "(You can't just pass out after we were chased like that!)" I didn't register half the words she said, only focusing on the matter at hand.

SLAP

"(What was that for?!)" She cried out her face filled with shock. It was now her turn to hold her cheek after I took revenge and hit her back.

"(What was that for? Are you dumb? I just woke up and you just slap me?)" I pushed her from me as she previously sat down on top of me and delivered the unwelcome good morning lunch. I tried standing up from the bed, but before I was even able to connect my feet with the ground my attempt was stopped by the now enraged blue-skinned female.