Chapter 20 - Meeting the Parents

After a few more minutes of walking did we eventually arrive at the Marui Pod, that would be our new home. It was smaller compared to my family's dwelling, but it seemed sufficient enough for the two of us. I mean, it wasn't supposed to house 6 people, so I wouldn't run off and complain about it. The surroundings were sparsely populated by other villagers, as only a few stalked around the perimeter. It should be promising a relatively peaceful atmosphere, exactly like Tonowari and Ronal wanted. Rare interactions to keep the commotions down. Perhaps having a peaceful place to unwind could make this situation a bit more tolerable as well. The cherry on top would have been to have my family close, but alas it was not possible to have everything, and I should be thankful for this, as it is better than having to spend my time back at High Camp with all the clan members who would gladly kill me without the looming presence of my father as Olo'eyktan. Stepping inside, with my personal bodyguard in tow, I took a moment to absorb the new environment. It was smaller, but the inside looked like a scaled down version of my family's home. The major difference being the bare walls and floor, this being because of the lack of scurrying residents who spread their belongings all over the place as soon as they arrived. I am definitely not referring to a certain new family, why would I do that?

"(This should work just fine.)" I declared with a nod, placing my things in the center of the woven home as a start. I looked around once more and saw two flat areas that were most likely meant to be used for sleeping. They were opposite of each other on both sides of the Marui. Now the question arose of which bed Ayoe wanted to take, I was nice enough to give her the choice for at least this, I'm sure she would appreciate one minor bit of control today. I am not counting the throwing of my humble self, that was just a moment where I was caught off guard, nothing more... anyways. I turned to the girl in question after standing up and gave her an expecting glance. "(Which bed do you want to take?)"

Ayoe hesitated for a moment, her eyes scanning the two sleeping areas. After a brief contemplation, she pointed to the bed on the left side of the Marui Pod. It seemed like a simple decision, yet her expression carried a weight of gratitude. It was a small gesture, but having control over something as trivial as a sleeping arrangement was meant as make up for my behavior, even if I feel like I did nothing wrong, but you know how women can be like. Or at least that is what I wanted it to display and mean. Regardless of my inner monologue I did start moving my belongings to the right side that was now my own. It didn't take long naturally, as it was only one lift, walk and drop. I removed my hair from before my visor covered eyes and turned back around to look at Ayoe who still stood in the entrance, but now spoke up.

"(I need to get my stuff as well.)" I nodded at her statement; it was logical after all. I put my hands on my hips and let the low background noises drown out the last echo of Ayoe's higher pitched one, before responding with an inquiry.

"(Should I come with you?)" Ayoe responded nonverbally with a glance of confusion. What was there to be confused about please? Her tail swished from one side to the other subconsciously.

"(Any why would you do that?)" she turned her head in a somewhat asking manner, whilst also crossing her arms in front of her flat chest, which was only covered by the normal skimpy necklace-bra thing. I mean, Na'vi generally had smaller chests compared to humans if you would scale according to height, so it's fine, I guess, not that I had any interest in this sort of thing. But coming back to her statement, it did throw me off and reminded me of Kiri and her dense, if you want to call it that, maybe clouded would fit better, questioning of our situation. I argued back with the, for me, obvious logic behind my prior question.

"(Uhm... to help you move? I can imagine that you won't only have two boxes to carry back here.)" Ayoe shook her head, which also sent rippling waves through her long black hair. She also dropped her arms and turned around in one motion, making it clear that she wanted to leave, which was interrupted by the human she now had to guard against her will, me, who added another sentence. "(Plus, I think Tonowari wouldn't enjoy you leaving me behind.)" She abruptly stopped and glared at me over her shoulder. Time to further push the boundaries, because I have no sense of self-preservation "(I mean, what if someone decided to attack me while you are gone that would-)" Now I was the one who was interrupted as Ayoe, after scoffing, barked out one command.