Chapter 6 - Love and Hate

Out of the thickest came a figure I knew quite well. I still jumped at her appearance.

"(Found you, skxawng. Don't you dare run away again.)" She seemed unhappy with me.

"(Kiri,)" I smiled at her "(Nice to see you too.)" She just rolled her eyes, grabbed me by my hand, and started pulling me along, back to High Camp, like I didn't intend on going. "(Whoa, slow down there.)" She didn't listen and just kept her fast pace, pulling me along.

"(You don't get to tell me what to do, monkey boy.)" Why was she so mad? I didn't offend her, did I?

"(Did I do something wrong?)" She only gave me a short glance over her shoulder.

"(You ran away for such a dumb reason and now I have to fetch you in the middle of the night.)"

"(I thought you like the night, besides, are you worrying fo-)" I didn't get to finish my sentence as she stopped abruptly to hiss at me.

"(Don't talk things into existence. You could've seriously hurt yourself.)" She dragged me along again. My arm was starting to hurt from her tight grip and her pulling on it so hard. I was slowly getting annoyed at her.

"(I am fine as you can clearly see.)" Her tail swished to the other side.

"(Then I am happy for you, moron.)" We didn't talk much after that. I didn't dare to make her pissed at me on top of our parents probably. I really didn't want to go back just for that reason. I yawned as we continued our way across a rather large branch from one of the old trees. Right, I was still tired. My adrenalin had completely drowned out that feeling, which now left me with even less energy. I checked my exopack and realized I still had a bit of time left, but I might have to change it in a few hours or so. The ambiance of the Na'ring jungle at night was broken by the teenage Na'vi girl that called herself Kiri, who still guided the way back home.

"(Why did you take those guns anyways?)" I stayed still for a moment, whilst still following my beloved step-sister.

"(Dad uses them to fight when he flies out on a mission. Maybe that will give me at least a little credit from him.)" Kiri laughed.

"(Do you really believe that? He would rather scold you for taking such dangerous weapons.)" She was right, just like Louise was a few times a few hours ago. Why was every girl that I met today smarter than me? I didn't like that.

"(Well now that you put it that way, I should maybe just throw them away.)" The taller girl laughed at me for the second time. At least she wasn't mad at me anymore I hoped. I mean her ears had gone from lying down when she first took me with her to looking quite normal now. Her tail was happily swishing as well, that had to be a good sign.

"(You'll be fine, I could vouch for you if things turn bad.)" I highly doubt that she would do that.

"(You just worry about your own problems, sister.)" She gave me a weird look as she briefly turned around.

"(Don't call me that, that's weird.)" I shrugged.

"(Aren't you the weird one in our clan?)" She seemed outraged by my teasing.

"(What leads you to believing that?)" The night seemed to slowly make way for the day again, as the air above us turned greyish.

"(Do you not look at yourself? You are the definition of weird.)" She gasped and quickly came up with a rebuttal.

"(Even if that would be anything else than a lie, then you would be the definition of puny.)"

"(Hello?! I am not puny, just because I am not as tall as you, you lanky skxawng.)" The again turned around, this time with a smug look on her face.