Chapter 7 - Visiting Friends

Flying closer toward the city in which the humans planned on living from now on and dodging trees seemed harder before I actually doing it. When flying on Lu'un the same way which took me a long time on foot was now done in almost a blink of an eye. Speaking of my ikran, he was still zooming closer and closer in the direction of my target, Bridgehead City.

"(Slow down a bit, you don't need to rush!)" I said to the greenish flying animal. He only gave off one of his sounds and did as told. Now mostly just gliding through the jungle. This carried on for a bit until I could see the start of the kill zone. Lu'un landed on a tree by grabbing a hold of the thick liana which spread around the ginormous tree with his claws on his wings and feet.

"(Stay here, okay? I will be back soon.)" He gave me look which said nothing to me. How even should I, I am human and not ikran. Putting that aside I started making my way across the branches, closer to the human settlement. Soon I was practically next to the kill zone, so I started trekking around in search of Louise. Who knew if she was even out and about right now, let alone somewhere around here? Luck seemed to be on my side for once as the last few days had been quite unlucky, since not a single squad or predator walked or ran below me in my short time of searching, except for a single person, not armed or accompanied by others. She only spoke to herself.

"Gosh, this was such a dumb idea. Of course, he is not here, just like yesterday, or the day before that." She put one foot after another in front of her, ever so pacey, moving forward. "Why would he even come back again? He literally killed your squad and left, Louise." Oh my god, she is so cute when mumbling to herself like that. I couldn't do anything else than to start climbing down and scare her like the first time, well, without the killing this time. "I should just turn around and forget about him." As a response, I yelled down from the trunk I was now sitting on.

"Should you?" My sudden voice startled the young woman, who immediately spun around to look in my direction and as a result locking in eye contact. I smiled at her disbelieving face. She was only able to spit out one word.

"Firin?" I grinned and quickly jumped down the last few meters breaking my fall with an overly sized leaf, until I finally hit the ground, gravity pushing me to crouch down, cushioning the fall. I stood up, now next to the girl, whose eyes still followed my every move, and replied to her question.

"In the flesh as you can see." The next thing I saw was Louise dashing the short distance between us and hugging me, maybe a little bit too tight. "Sorry for taking so long, I was busy." I squeezed out before returning the hug, which lasted for a minute or two. After we separated we both looked each other in the eyes again. Her face was full of disbelief, still, such as her next words.

"You really came back!" I giggled in response.

"Well yeah, I promised you that I would come back." She opened her mouth to reply, but I didn't let her and only continued my sentence. "Anyways, this time I flew, so maybe we could take a ride on my ikran." Instead of excitement, like I hoped for she only gave me a confused look.

"Ikran?" I exhaled.

"Yes, you call it mountain banshee I think, still, do you want to?" She nodded.

"As long as you make sure I won't fall off, I would take the offer."

"Of course, I would make sure you wouldn't fall, you are way too cute to die." She giggled.

"Just lead the way, dumb ass." I shrugged and started heading back to where I hoped to still find Lu'un. Whilst walking I said something to her over my shoulder.

"You know how to climb a tree?"

"Nope, I never learned that." I turned around to look at her, now walking backward, and gave her a surprised look.