Chapter 15 - Discussion (Unpolished)

One again did me and Kiri sit on top of my ikran, letting the world fly past beneath us. Not a single word was said, both of us preferring the silence over an argument of some sort. How did I come to the conclusion we would argue? Pretty simple, the silence was tense, Kiri even refrained from molesting me, a plus for some, including myself, a minus for some. I just wantred to distract myself with guiding Lu'un to forget what had happened mere moments ago. What also bothered me was my parents probably being mad at me again. I just wasn't able to catch a break the last week or so. My inner monologue was interrupted by a certain teenage girl, tapping my shoulder. I focused my eyes and looked over my shoulder at her.

"(Is something wrong?)" I asked her. She gave me a lightly confused glance before pointing ahead and awnsering the question I had asked her.

"(Don't we have to fly in that direction?)" I raised an eyebrow and looked where she pointed. Laughing to myself lightly.

"(Yep, thanks.)" I signaled Lu'un to change directions as Kiri had pointed earlier. "(I was thinking, that was all.)" We both went quiet again, before I added a few more words. "(Thank you, again.)" I could hear Kiri exhale and answer in a upbringing tone.

"(No problem, Firin.)" She did the same thing as me, waiting for a few seconds before continuing. "(Even you need someone to talk to and help you out sometimes.)" I chuckled in response.

"(I guess that is true.)" For the rest of the flight the two of us really stayed silent, enyoing the view from above the seemingly never-ending jungle, with all of its wonders. Trees big enough to be lived in, just like our old home tree, packs of flying animals and weird rock formations. All this changed when the first flying rocks of the Halleluja Mountains appeared on the horizon, a clear sign we were almost at our location, this being home, which was reached after maybe half an hour of the wind breezing past Kiri and me. I guided Lu'un toward the hidden entrance and landed the three of us on one of the edges from which you could see the jungle below.

"(Let's hope that our dear parents didn't notice our disappearance.)" Was the first thing my sister said to me after I hopped off Lu'un and gave her a hand, which she promptly ignored and just landed gracefully beside me. I took back my hand, like when you want to high-five someone, and they ignore you and just looked around for any sign of any family member for that matter before giving a short answer.

"(Yeah, let's.)" We both took off, unclear where we wanted to go, just walking on. I felt a unwanted feeling in my abdominal area, probably, because I hadn't eaten in quite a few hours. I did do my best to subdue that feeling for now and focused my attention on Kiri, as I had nothing better to do for now. She seemed relaxed with everything, this being similar and not at the same time to me. For some unknown reason I had not gone insane so far with everything just piling on each other for a good few weeks now. At times like this where nothing was dividing my thoughts and my attention, like some insect, which was finally not swatted away from the fruits it wanted to eat, I really wondered how I was still so calm all the time. Well, that would be a lie, I have cried a few times and I might have developed anger issues the way I supposedly smashed that ones head in.

"(Firin, are you even listening?)" I snapped out of my thoughts, as I realized my sister was talking to me. I guess she was right when she said I am always monologuing in my head or something similar.

"(Huh?)" Was my only response. Not really a great response if I'm being honest, but eh. I sharply looked up at her, only to see her eyeing me suspiciously.

"(I just said that our siblings are listening in on something, look.)" With this she pointed ahead with one arm, my eyes following the direction in which was being pointed. She was right, our family tent (name?) was surrounded by Neteyam, Lo'ak and Tuk, all listening to what sounded like an argument. Tuk was even glancing underneath the fabric walls, peeking inside. With one glance Kirir and I both shared, we made our way to the others and started listening as well. The first words I was able to make out were from my mother.