Save My Soul

WARNING: Some violence in this one.

Legolas burst into his father's room to see Thranduil drinking. The young Elf (nearly seventeen years to the eyes of Men) had had enough of his father's behavior and had come to speak to him about it, but had just caught Thranduil in the act. Legolas slapped the glass of wine from his father's hand. But before he could say anything, Thranduil backhanded Legolas and knocked him to the floor.

"You made a mess of my floor!" Thranduil shouted.

"It's your own fault!" Legolas shouted back. "You shouldn't drink so much!"

Thranduil, half drunk and not thinking clearly, grabbed Legolas by the throat and yanked him up off the floor, holding him off the ground slightly. Legolas grabbed his father's tunic for support.

"Who are you to speak to me in such a way?" Thranduil screamed. "I-"

Then he stopped, noticing the fear and pain in his son's eyes. He set Legolas down on his feet, but the boy didn't let go of his father's shirt. Thranduil cupped his son's face.

"My dear Legolas," Thranduil began, more calmly, "are you trying to save my soul?"

The Elvenking let his scar show; the one he had gotten from the fire-drake.

"Yes! Yes, Adar {Father}!" Legolas cried. "I want to help you!"

Thranduil released his son and turned away, hiding his scar once more, "It's too late for that. Now leave."

"But Adar..."

"Leave!"

Legolas ran from the room and didn't stop until he reached his room. He collapsed on his bed and began to sob. Little did he know, Thranduil was doing the exact same thing in his own bedchamber.

~Thank You