Beach Day

Legolas hated going to the beach. He loved spending time with Aragorn and Gimli, but Legolas was sure that he just didn't have the skin tone to be out on the beach. But there he was. Aragorn and Gimli were already in their swim trunks and heading toward the water before Aragorn realized that Legolas wasn't with them. He stopped Gimli and they turned around to look at their friend.

Legolas was sitting on a beach towel. He was wearing skinny jeans over his swim trunks and a long sleeved t-shirt. He smiled at his friends and waved. Aragorn put his fists on his hips and Gimli crossed his arms. They new exactly what the problem was.

"Dude! You're fine!" Aragorn said as he and Gimli walked back to the towel. "Let's go already!"

"Nooo," Legolas whined. "I'm too pale. It's embarrassing!"

"Trust me, you're not," Gimli argued.

Legolas sighed. He stood. Slowly, the skinny jeans and shirt came off to reveal near-white skin. Aragorn's and Gimli's eyebrows went up.

"Really?" Legolas asked, facing his friends.

"You can barely tell," Aragorn soothed.

Gimli had other ideas. He called out, "THE BEACONS ARE LIT!"

Legolas frowned and reached for his t-shirt.

Aragorn stopped Legolas' arm, "You'll get tan in no time."

Gimli began running toward the water and called back, "GONDOR CALLS FOR AID!"

Legolas had had enough of Gimli's teasing. Why could it never stop? He ran after Gimli and tackled him, sending them both into the water.

They had a nice, full, fun-ish day of play in the water before finally deciding to head home at sunset. And Legolas was no longer pale as he climbed into the passenger seat of Aragorn's SUV. His skinny jeans and long sleeved t-shirt were covering skin that was a pretty shade of pink.