This Arrow Looks Sharp...

Legolas was bored. Those mortals had had to stop for another night, so Legolas had to stay up and keep watch over the camp. He was currently sitting in a tree examining his arrows and trying to ignore the snoring Dwarf. Even Gimli's endless complaining during the day was easier to deal with than than snoring. If only he could wake the Dwarf without having to get any closer.

He looked over one of his arrows. It was dull, and he didn't have anything with him to sharpen it with. But then an idea popped into his head.

'This arrow looks sharp enough. I wonder if it would stick in Gimli's rump.'

Legolas pulled his bow of his back and set his arrow. He aimed and fired without a second thought. The Dwarf woke up with a howl of pain and a curse. The arrow had indeed gotten stuck in his flesh. Though Legolas could tell that it wasn't very deep due to the dullness of the arrow.

Gimli had awoken Aragorn, who was trying to get the Dwarf to be still long enough to remove the arrow properly. Legolas giggled and it caught Gimli's attention. The Dwarf turned and screamed profanities at the Elf that was hidden in the trees. Legolas knew he had better give the two some time and so he headed deeper into the small clump of trees. But Aragorn saw him.

"Legolas, come back!"

~Thank You