Practicing

Legolas shot his arrows as quickly and accurately as he could. He had been training for months now and was finally getting the hang of shooting several arrows in rapid succession. As he was shooting, he thought he felt someone watching him.

Ignore it! Legolas scolded himself. If you get distracted it will throw off your shooting.

Legolas kept shooting and only stopped once his quiver was empty. Then he turned around. He was shocked to see his father on the other end of the training field. Thranduil strode over to his son. Legolas' previous excitement melted away when he saw his father's stony face. He shrunk back somewhat when his father stood over him.

"Good afternoon, Ada," Legolas greeted, trying to keep his voice from shaking.

"Do you enjoy ignoring your father, Legolas?" Thranduil asked, icily.

"I-I didn't know it was you Ada! I didn't mean..." Legolas stopped. It was then that he noticed the mirth in his father's eyes.  "Ada!" Legolas punched his father lightly on the arm and then turned his back.

Thranduil chuckled, "I'm sorry, Legolas. I am proud of your skills. You are coming along very well. Keep up the good work."

Legolas smiled over his shoulder at his father, "Hannon lle, Ada."

~Thank you