ML|4|

Parties and hormonal teenagers.

It was his mum calling. She never called unless it was something serious. He picked up immediately.

"Hey honey, your grandma has been admitted. Could you..." his mum started talking immediately he picked up.

Carter wasn't sure he heard anything his mum said. He immediately packed his things and rushed out without giving Lucy a second glance.

When Carter started driving, he realized that he didn't even know the hospital so he dialed his mum. She picked up on the second ring.

"Hey honey."

"Which hospital is she?" Carter asked.

"St. Rebecca's. Honey she'll be fine. Your grandma is one hell of a woman." His mother said, trying to calm him down.

"Okay." He answered, his head already spinning in circles.

When he got to the hospital, he parked his car and rushed into the hospital.

"Please, what's the room number of Cynthia Levine?" He asked the person at the front desk.

"And who might you be?" The arrogant lady asked.

"I'm a family. I'm her grandson."

The nurse types into the computer before she replies.

"She's in room 306. It's on the third floor. The elevator is over there." She says pointing towards the elevator on her right.

Carter bursted through the door of his grandma's hospital room and rushed to her bedside. His eyes softened when he saw that she was asleep. She looked so frail.

He held her hand that wasn't connected to a drip and stroked her head tenderly.

"Pumpkin." His grandma called gently.

Carter stirred.

He fell asleep sitting down by his grandma's bedside with his head on her bed and her hand in his.

"Hey mama yellow." He said hoarsely.

Carter and his sister called her mama yellow because she was exactly like a ray of sunshine.

She always knew how to brighten their days. The sun is yellow, hence the name, mama yellow. "You shouldn't have come all the way here to see a sick old woman. It's Saturday, you should be out with your good for nothing friends doing silly things. If you keep coming to see me anytime I'm sent here, your handsome face would age quickly." She said chuckling

Good ole mama yellow. Even on her sick bed, she cracked a joke.

"I'm your ray of sunshine so I have to come and brighten up your day." Carter said, smiling cheekily.

"My dear boy. Stop making me blush." Grandma yellow said, smiling widely.

"That's my job. That's why I'm here, to make you blush and smile." Carter said, smiling at the old woman.