ML|14|

Beach

"God why is the line here so long? Couldn't we just go somewhere else?" Lucy groaned, suddenly feeling slight irritation as she realized she just whined like a little girl, but she was hungry and when hungry, she was irritable.

"You're very grumpy when hungry," Carter remarked.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "Glad you just realized." She folded her arms.

"Just hang on a few more minutes. We're already at the front of the line, just five more cars and it'll be our turn, okay?" He reached over to her and gave her a slight peck on the lips.

She blushed, releasing her arms. "Okay," She mumbled and his smile widened. She instantly melted.

They were at a McDonald's drive through, which was Carter's idea for some reason. They had just come out from a movie theater watching the latest Dr Strange movie which was also his idea and now they were headed somewhere else and he wouldn't tell her where. She wouldn't have complained if he didn't finish the whole popcorn and then gave a sheepish smile with crumbs of popcorn all over his face which was low-key cute as hell.

"I'm sorry about the popcorn," He apologized, his tone soft and full of remorse.

"It's okay," She said after a while, "But wherever you're taking me better be worth it, Carter." She gave him a side glance.

"Do you trust me, Lucy?"

The question felt random but knowing Carter, it wasn't and for some reason she couldn't answer, not yet,  so she quietly turned her head away and closed her eyes. Surprisingly, she fell asleep.

The abrupt stop of the engine arose Lucy from her slumber. "How long was I out?" She asked drowsily.

"Thirty minutes," He replied, taking out the car keys, exiting the car and walking over to the passenger door, opening it for her to step down. Unbuckling her seat belt, she came down feeling a little flustered from the gesture. With interwoven hands, they walked forward to the large body of sea. Looking around she realized they were at the beach. The cool waves of the sea engulfed Lucy and she closed her eyes, letting herself drown in it.

"Why are we at the beach, Carter?" She asked, smiling as her hair moved with the wind.

"Well," He began, "I thought we'd have a picnic together here."

"At,"—Lucy brought out her phone, opening her home screen which was a picture of her and Carter kissing—"Ten PM?"

"Unlike popular opinion, I think the beach is more beautiful at night, especially when the moon is out, just like today. Look," He pointed to the sky, his other hand on her shoulder as they both stared at the moon, full and bright, it's soft rays casting an entrancing spell on the water. Unknowingly, she smiled, leaning into his warmth.

Carter came in front of her, smiling warmly as he pulled her in for a soft, long kiss. Breaking the kiss, he gently held the sides of her head, their foreheads touching. "I love you, Lucy, and I want the time we have together to be nothing but bliss. I want us to have precious moments that would pass more than just a polaroid picture, one that would capture your heart forever, just like you have captured mine."

Lucy could feel her eyes tearing up. "Oh, Carter," She breathed, their noses touching and moving with both their eyes closed, letting the unexplainable action bond them closer.

Pulling away, he spoke, "Let's go get the things out from the car," He smiled, intertwining their hands together. They both went over to the car, opened the trunk and got out the food basket she didn't even know was there, and a carpet.