ML|9|

All in the name of Comfort.

Lucy could not believe that Carter was coming over. Her heart started to race and she blushed. So many different outcomes that is running through her mind.

Will Carter only come to comfort her? Or is what is he coming for? Lucy doesn't mind either of those options as there was none. After the stressful day she had today, a warm embrace by him was needed.

Having Carter making sweet and hot romance sessions with her will always be appreciated by her. He was a good man and he knows how to satisfy a woman.

"Even though they haven't had sex yet." Lucy thought.

But was it not too soon for Carter to come? Travis, her cousin almost died, which could mess with anyone's minds and emotions, as it did to her.

She decided to stop overthinking and focus on preparing for Carter. Anything could happen when he's around. So she got herself cleaned up real quick. Also, tidied up her place.

A few minutes passed by, she heard a car approaching her driveway. Looking through the window and she knew exactly who arrived.

He stepped out of the car and there he was looking like an Angel. Carter always looked good, but he looked great right now.

His hands pounding on the door with urgency. She didn't waste time opening the door and letting him in.

"Hopefully, I did not shock you too much that I was coming over." He said. His smile is brightened up her entire house. Even through stressful times, he always finds way to be charming.

She was mesmerized by his presence.

Looking good, smelling fantastic, and confident. She got herself a good man.

"He's not my man yet, sadly." Lucy thought.

He got a little sophisticated, wearing black pants and a freshly ironed shirt. He didn't have to wear fancy attire. But she was happy that he did, to let her know that he cares. Also, she loved hearing his voice. Gives her good chills down her spine.

"No, you didn't shock me. I'm glad that you're here right now. There's a lot that had happened to me today." She said, shrugging her shoulders, standing in front of him.

"My shorty!" Carter said, kissing her forehead, Lucy grinned and hugged him tight, sniffling him.

"Let's sit down and talk." He told her. They sat close to each other, his arms around her shoulder. She loves having his big strong arms wrapped around her body, it was great feeling for her.

"I spoke to Kaisha on the phone today and we finally rekindled our friendship." She told him.

"That's good." He said, "you said she's pregnant?"

"Yes, she is." Lucy answered. "It was not easy as we did get into a severe argument. I thought that our friendship will see a light a day. But thanks to the Lord, we made up and left the past behind us." She explained.

"I'm glad that everything worked out. Holding onto grudges is never good for the body, mind, and soul." He said.

"Yeah. I thought things will get back to normal and no more trouble will come, until my sister reported that my cousin died from a car crash. I was beyond devastated because that's my favorite cousin." She paused for a second.