Episode 17-Premonition

In Washington, Professor X freezes everyone in President McKenna's office and the X-Men infiltrate it. sky turn dark and lightning strike, as the president sees the mutants standing in front of him, Storm's eyes glowing white. The lightning is the only thing to light their faces. He's scared to see his attacker, Nightcrawler, among them. Professor X greets the president good morning and calms him down, saying they won't harm anyone. The president asks who they are and Xavier answers that they're mutants, and his name is Charles Xavier. Rogue puts some documents down on the president's desk, and Xavier explains that they were taken from the private office of William Stryker. The president asks how they got it, and the professor answers that he knows a little girl who can walk through walls. The president says that he's never seen this information, and Xavier says he knows that. The president says he doesn't respond well to threats, and Xavier says that this is not a threat – this is an opportunity. There are forces in this world, he says, both human and mutant alike, who believe that a war is coming. As he can see from the files, some had already tried to start one, and there have been casualties – losses, on both sides. He ends by telling the president that what he's about to tell the world is true: this is a moment – a moment to repeat the mistakes of the past, or to work together for a better future. They're there to stay – the next move is his. Logan says that they'll be watching, as lightning brightens all their faces, and suddenly they disappear and all the lights turn on again. The president is silent, not sure what to tell the cameras.

In Xavier's study, Scott is looking out the window. Xavier says that even when Jean was a student, she was always hesitant about her powers, always looking to others, fearing that in some way, she was left behind. Scott asks in a choked throat if they could have done more to save her, and Xavier says that in the past, she may have let them. Logan can't understand why she left the plane, and Xavier says that she made a choice. Students walk into the classroom, including Artie, Jones, Bobby, Moonstar and Jubilee. Logan and Scott leave, and Logan tells Scott that Jean did make a choice – it was Scott. Scott walks away, not finding that much comfort in it.

Some time later, some of the X-Men and the students are fighting in some apocalyptic battle. Enemy fire blasts buildings around them, and everything's in flames. The students are running through the chaos, and Storm flies, avoiding getting hit. Rogue and Colossus are about to get hit by a huge flying rock, but Peter turns to steel and stands in its way, sending the rock flying at Wolverine's direction, hitting him in the head. Logan simply heals himself, and looks at his students in disappointment – the world in turning to hell, and they just pretty much sit around. He calls them to follow him, and they run after him.

Logan nonchalantly uses a burning log to flame his cigar, just as Ororo rushes to him in panic, telling him that the students are getting killed out there. He agrees, saying they're not ready. Ororo pushes him away in the last moment before getting blasted themselves, and he gets annoyed that he lost his last cigar. They realize that the enemy is flying straight at them at high speed from the sky, and Logan gives up on his students. He pops his claws and calls to Colossus, telling him to throw him at the enemy. Colossus turns to steel again and tosses Wolverine at the enemy, despite Storm's objections. A big clash is heard, and then a destroyed Sentinel head falls from the sky, with Logan on it. The enemy disengaged, Wolverine dismisses the class. The Danger Room returns to normal, as Logan compliments Peter on his throw.