Episode 18-Premontion Part 2

Some time later, some of the X-Men and the students are fighting in some apocalyptic battle. Enemy fire blasts buildings around them, and everything's in flames. The students are running through the chaos, and Storm flies, avoiding getting hit. Rogue and Colossus are about to get hit by a huge flying rock, but Peter turns to steel and stands in its way, sending the rock flying at Wolverine's direction, hitting him in the head. Logan simply heals himself, and looks at his students in disappointment – the world in turning to hell, and they just pretty much sit around. He calls them to follow him, and they run after him.

Logan nonchalantly uses a burning log to flame his cigar, just as Ororo rushes to him in panic, telling him that the students are getting killed out there. He agrees, saying they're not ready. Ororo pushes him away in the last moment before getting blasted themselves, and he gets annoyed that he lost his last cigar. They realize that the enemy is flying straight at them at high speed from the sky, and Logan gives up on his students. He pops his claws and calls to Colossus, telling him to throw him at the enemy. Colossus turns to steel again and tosses Wolverine at the enemy, despite Storm's objections. A big clash is heard, and then a destroyed Sentinel head falls from the sky, with Logan on it. The enemy disengaged, Wolverine dismisses the class. The Danger Room returns to normal, as Logan compliments Peter on his throw.

As they exit the Danger Room, Storm angrily tells Wolverine that he can't just change the rules – she's trying to teach them something. Logan defends that he taught them something, but Ororo states that it was a defensive exercise. He answers that the best defense is a good offense – or was it the other way around? She tells him it isn't a game, but he tells her to go to Scott if she's got a problem.

In the hallway, Scott walks past Logan. Wolverine tells Cyclops that they were waiting for him downstairs but he didn't show. Scott asks why does he care, and Logan answers that he had to cover for him. Scott says he didn't ask him to, but Wolverine tells him the professor did. Cyclops tries to brush Logan off and walk away, but Logan holds him and says he knows how he feels about Jean's death, but maybe it's time for them to move on. Scott just walks away, telling Logan that not everybody heals as fast as him.

Later when Beast arrives at the X-Mansion and reunites with Storm and Professor X, Logan walks in and asks, "who's the furball?" Hank introduces himself as Secretary of Mutant Affairs, and Logan sarcastically compliments him on his suit. Xavier introduces Logan to Hank, but Beast has already heard of Wolverine.

Storm interrupts and says Magneto will definitely come to get Mystique, but Beast says Magneto's not the problem – at least not the most pressing one. He tells the X-Men that a major pharmaceutical company has developed a mutant antibody – a way to suppress the mutant X-gene, permanently. They're calling it a "cure." For a moment, everybody is quiet, taking in the news, until Storm breaks the silence, saying that's ridiculous – they can't "cure" being a mutant – since when have they become a disease? Xavier stops her, sensing that they're announcing it now.

In the other room, Storm asks who would want this cure? What kind of coward will take it just to fit in? Beast asks if it's cowardice to save oneself from persecution, reminding her that not all of them can fit in so easily. Wolverine suggests that the government helped cook this up, but Beast assures him that the government had nothing to do with it. Logan argues that he heard that before, and Hank angrily tells him he's been fighting for mutant rights since before Logan had claws. Rogue walks in abruptly and interrupts their argument, asking if it's true that they can cure them. Xavier admits it appears to be true, but Storm refuses to accept it, saying they can't cure them because there's nothing to cure. There's nothing wrong with Rogue, or with any of them for that matter.