Season 1 Finale

In the school's infirmary, Logan is standing at Jean's side. Some sort of mental helmet is attached to her head, reading her brain waves. He touches her shoulder softly, and suddenly she moves her hand sharply and grabs his hand. She removes the helmet telekinetically and opens her eyes slowly. He calls her name and welcomes her back, and she reminds him it's where they first met – only he was in her place and she was in his. Logan asks if she's okay, and she says she's more than okay. Jean slowly sits up and removes all medical instruments from herself.

Jean smiles and tells Logan he's making her blush, and he asks if she's reading his thoughts. She sits up on the table and leans closer to him, telling him that it's okay. They then start kissing. Jean does not appear to be quite her normal self, and her face takes on a very forceful expression. Several open wounds start appearing on Logan's body out of nowhere. Logan is obviously in great pain, but Jean scratches his arm painfully, and which causes a large gash. Worried, Logan then stops and says, "Wait." Jean's forceful expression does not leave, and she does not tone it down. It is obvious now that Jean is causing the open gashes to appear all over Logan's body using her telekinetic powers. Logan jumps off the table, telling Jean this isn't her, but she sits up and says it is. Logan is now thoroughly concerned. He backs away from her and suggests she takes it easy, saying the Professor said she might be a little... different.

Hearing Xavier's name, Jean turns cold and sarcastically says the professor would know, suggesting he's in their heads all the time. She tells Logan that Xavier tamed him, but Logan, realizes that the professor was right and that the woman in front of him is not the Jean he knows. Now very worried about Cyclops' safety, Logan asks Jean, "Where's Scott?"

For a moment, Jean snaps back to her usual self, asking Logan where she is. Logan tells her she's in the mansion and says he needs to know what happened to Scott. Confused, Jean remains silent and just looks around the room. Logan holds out Scott's glasses and repeats the question. Seeing the glasses, Jean starts to remember how she came out of the water earlier and saw Scott. She closes her eyes, and suddenly, she room begins to shake and the glasses break to pieces in Logan's hand.

Jean's face remains a confused, dazed stare in the air, as the entire room shakes violently. Logan grabs Jean and tells her to stay with him and talk to him. He yells at her to look at him and focus, but she closes her eyes, her mind tortured by the personality struggle in her head. She then cries and begs Logan to kill her before she kills someone else, but he doesn't want to hear it. He tells her they can help her – the professor can fix it; he can help. This suggestion snaps Jean again, and she says she doesn't want to fix it, tossing Logan at the wall forcefully. Wolverine unconscious, the Phoenix gets up from the table, tears the massive, steel door open telekinetically and walks out.

Storm and Professor X rush in to find Wolverine still unconscious on the floor. Ororo wakes Logan and asks him what happened, and he asks where Jean is. Worried that his greatest fear has come true, Xavier asks Logan what he has done. Logan tells them that he thinks Jean killed Scott, but Storm says that's not possible. Furious, Xavier tells Logan he warned him and tries to scan for Jean telepathically. He finds that she left the mansion, but she's trying to block his thoughts. She's so strong, he tells them. It may be too late.

Storm & Wolverine (The Last Stand).png
Storm and Wolverine prepare to fight Juggernaut.
Not long later, outside Grey residence, a car stops. Out of it step the three X-Men, and Xavier tells Logan and Ororo to wait for him outside – he needs to see Jean alone. Magneto shows up in front of them and tells Charles he was right – this one is special. Wolverine asks Erik what he's doing there, and Magneto answers "same as the professor – visiting an old friend." Xavier tells Erik that he doesn't want trouble there, and Erik answers that neither does him. Magneto offers they go inside, and the two continue towards the house.