A Risk Worth Taking

Lloyd's POV

That...was odd? There has always been a lingering question in my mind as to why Y/n was trying so hard to be my friend. I didn't have friends. I've never, had friends...I..I mean, I have my teammates, but they're only friends to me when I'm the Green Ninja. Never...when I'm just Lloyd.

But with Y/n... it's completely different! Y/n only knows me as Lloyd. Not as the Green Ninja, not as Garmodons' son. I'm... I'm just Lloyd to him.

The thought of someone trying bis hard to be my friend put tears in my eyes.

I didn't know how to handle this. Especially since that oerson was Y/n L/n!! The most popular guy in Ninjago Highschool.

Which obviously put some suspicious in my head the first time I ever met him. Did he just want a good grade? A good laugh as he breaks the heart of a kid who thought they were friends because he said "hi" to him? That wasn't me.  

....Then again, what was, me?

I wasn't fully the Green Ninja, I wasn't fully Lloyd, I for sure wasn't my father's son....not one he would know excited anyways...

All of that was pushed out of my mind when I recalled my words from earlier.

"That's what friends do," I had told him.

But was that true? Were we friends? Did I want to be friends with him?

I sighed, opening my apartment door and slamming the door shut. I walked through my quiet livingroom and threw myself onto the couch. If I did become friends with him...would I dig too deep and find out something I shouldn't have? What if he finds out something I don't want him to? What if-

Suddenly all my 'what ifs' thoughts stopped.

Uncle said that you'll never know the outcome jnless you take the risk. It could be great, it could be bad, but they both paint a different future. If this did end up as a bad discussion...he would tell me..

"You cannot change the past, Lloyd, but you can always change the future. Learn from your mistakes;they make you stronger over time.."

On the other hand, this could be a great choice.

I could get a new friend. A real, friend. If Uncle Wu was here he would tell me...

"One can only hide in their fears shadow for so long. Don't be the shadow Lloyd, be the light people shine at it."

Or

"You'll never know if you never try."

I sighed, curling up on the couch and burning my head into my knees.

Uncle is right. I'll never know if I never try. And if it's Y/n...I think I want to try. I think I want him to be my friend.

Friend....

I smiled softly at the word of affection which he called me and I called him. I ever only said it, not thinking I would ever mean it. There was a soft, cozy feeling spreading through my body followed my a tingling, nervous feeling. I gighled to myself. Was I that nervous about having a friend? I laughed out loud at the though and smiled when I realized that's what he actually was.

I walked into my room, taring off my clothes leaving me in my black and green boxers.

I walked over to my closet and took out a black and while hoodie of a yin yang dragon and slipped it over my warm, smooth, slender frame. I went back out to the livingroom, shutting my bedroom door with a soft smile all the way back to the couch where I plopped down with a very fluffy blanket and plan black pillow, watching halarious videos on the TV with a soft smile on my face as one thing Y/n said kept replaying in my mind.

"That's what friends do."

I cuddled my pillow.

Sure, I may have trust issues and sure, I may not be completely sure on this whole "friend" thing. But if it's Y/n....I think it's a risk worth taking.

So I'm going to give it a shot!!

Y/n is officially my first friend as of right now.