Just a Glimpse

Today is the day my dad is coming home. Today is also the day I start my training to be a ninja and I am hella nervous right now. Like what the fuck am I even supposed to do? How does someone even train? Especially to be a freaking NINJA!! like WHAT?!

If you couldn't tell, yes, I am still in alot of shock. But how could I not be?! I'm technically a fucking Ninja bro! And on top of that my dad is coming home, and- and oh shit I have school tomorrow - was the thought that interrupted my internal panic.

Rubbing my hands together I sat nervously at the airport, waiting for my dad to call my name or something to let me know he's here. It's so nerve racking being here by myself.

"Would you like some tea?" I jumped at the sound of Master Wu's voice. I looked to my left and saw the elderly man handing me a blue cup of what looked like green tea. "Oh uh- thank you," I said, accepting the cup and taking a slow sip before asking, "So, I guess this isn't a coincidence?" Master Wu laughed. "You learn quickly, that's good," he complimented, handing a folded peice of paper out to me. "The address of where you and I will meet for your training." I nodded, looking at what was written. "Thank you Master Wu -" I paused, realizing the old man was no longer in my sight.

"I'll have to get used to that," I mumbled under my breath as I pocketed he paper and sipped my tea. "Y/N!" A shout was heard from beside me. I turned to see my dad and his two bodyguards walking towards me. He was smiling and waved at me, one dufflebag slung over his shoulder while his body guards carried the rest. I jumped out of my seat and sprinted towards him, launching myself into his open arms. "Dad! I missed you so much- I have so much to tell you oh my gods it's been so crazy," I rambled, hugging him as tight as I could. He gave a soft chuckle and wrapped an arm around me as his other hand lightly caressed my head in only the way a father could. "I've missed you too, and I know, you have a lot to catch me up on, and since I'll be home for...well, right now I'll say two weeks, but it might be expanded, who knows?" His deep voice echoed. I received most of my features from my dad. From my h/c hair to my e/c eyes, I've always seen myself in him.

"I do, I really do," I sighed, slowly letting go of him. He threw an arm around my shoulder and we began walking away after dad handed his dufflebag to the bodyguards and asked them to take it to the house as we had a detour to make apparently.

I got into the passenger seat of the black Road Cruiser and buckled up. It was a pretty clear night, and even though it was slightly creepy walking here at night, by myself, but, I was in the phone with Lloyd the entire time so, that helped out a lot.

"So, how'd you get here, I thought we'd meet at home," Dad asked. "I walked," I shrugged. "You walked?" Dad asked, his eyes narrowed in concern. "At night? Alone?" I gave a nervous smile. "Y/n!" He scolded. "Sorry," I laughed. Dad shook his head with a soft smile.

We drove out of the airport parking lot and got on the busy interstate highway heading towards home. "So, heard you have three day weekends now?" "Yeah, we're off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, which is awesome." I guess our "detour" actually just meant us pulling into the McDonald's drive through. "Let me guess, f/f, f/d, and f/s?" "Yup," dad nodded and order both of our meals.

We parked under a tree in an abandoned baseball park. "So," dad took a sip of his drink. "Tell me about this Lloyd."