Chapter 47 - Support

---Kyle's POV---

It was weird to relax without any worries.

No longer was there that nagging doubt in the back of my head, worry that the past was going to come back and bite me in the ass.

Before my conversation with Max, there was always that lingering hesitance. The knowledge that this extremely one-sided rejection would be a dark mark that haunted me for all eternity.

However, since our conversation, it felt like a weight had been dropped from my shoulders. A certainty that I wouldn't be harassed by Max anymore.

He would be recovering from the Smothering with the aid of the pack. A pack that would keep an eye out on his behavior, just in case he acted up.

And now, I could relax.

My former pack had been disbanded, the former Alpha banned from ruling again. Perhaps the Luna could become an actual Alpha on her own merit but none would follow him anymore.

No, I wouldn't be surprised if the Luna was even having second thoughts of her mating bond. To be ignored by your own mate while technically, she was the True Alpha and he had only been mated into Alphahood...

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was this Luna who reached out to the Rogues, to settle things once and for all. After all, she never made the impression that she was power-hungry or vile like her ancestors.

Bloodlines didn't define a person, didn't define who we were. Their own ideals and actions did.

And unless the rogue descendants became the monsters they'd sworn to eradicate, they would make amends.

A sigh escaped me as I overlooked the street from the window. So many things could've gone so differently if people could just talk.

Why does everyone want to lash out and act before they even think of communicating clearly with one another.

Fingers tapping a rhythm against the windowsill, I couldn't help but frown as I thought about the past. Hardly anyone had properly inquired or stated their intentions.

Not until I had met Alpha Travis, whom had clearly stated he simply wished to help. Whom had reached out and had introduced me to Drake.

My Choice Mate.

A man whom saved me from myself, took care of my injuries and supported me every step of the way. Allowing me to choose my own pace to move forwards and matched it, step by step.

An Alpha unlike I had ever seen before, whom didn't use his power to dictate what others should do. Instead of placing himself on a pedestal to be worshipped, he was the very foundation that supported his pack.

Our pack.

How weird to consider this pack as my own. Even more so, to be one of the Alphas that ruled it. I had honestly expected some protest when Drake and I had claimed one another, sealing the mating bond.

After all, many a pack would see their Alpha be paired with an equally strong wolf. Someone who could guide and lead the pack with strength and power.

Certainly not a permanently scarred formerly outcast Nomad.

Yet each and every individual of our pack was ecstatic that we had properly bonded. Glad that Drake had finally found someone to love again.

And they were also happy for me. I shook my head with a snort before moving down the hall, smiling as a few of the pack's pups were playing with little Ellie.

I smiled, watching her pounce and frolic with the other pups, not at all the formerly terrified pup that I had retrieved from Curtis' pack.

Whom had yet to return to his pack, as far as the other Alphas knew. Curtis hadn't left the Council after he charged in to demand an audience over his own infraction of Lord Jethro's territory.