Chapter 13 - Trapped

---Kyle's POV---

The loud grunts and growls had been going on for quite a while now, making me roll my eyes as I pushed off of the bed and shifted slowly. I hadn't wanted to leave the room in a few days except to use the bathroom but with those two fighting all day long, it was time to get the hell out and start exploring.

Digging through the closet, I was pleased to find soft and loose clothes. This pack must have a steady influx of rogues to realize we didn't want to shift all that much. Even if we did, clothes that most considered normal would be too constricting for us.

There were only a handful turtleneck shirts in here and mainly because they were long sleeved and had a stretchy collar. I ignored the jeans and button up shirts, deciding to pick a simple sleeveless shirt and a soft set of sweatpants.

The metallic know was cool to the touch as I twisted it, rolling my eyes as I spotted the two wolves with ease. Jake and Alric paused when the door clicked shut behind me and shot me an uninterested glance before doing a double take.

I kept my face neutral as I walked past them, their eyes flitting over the numerous scars that crisscrossed my throat until it was hidden under the fabric of my shirt. They cringed and ducked out of the way as I approached, showing me clearly I no longer had anything to fear from them.

I had the scars to prove I survived worse than what two teen wolves could ever dish out.

A soft smell caught my interest, leading me to another door that was slightly ajar. Erina was bathed in a hue of golden light as the sun beamed warmly through the ceiling to floor windows. She tilted her head and smiled gently before returning her attention to the food she was cooking.

"Bacon and eggs? I can easily whip up some pancakes if you prefer that and I'm quite certain there's sausage links somewhere in the freezer." I blinked before realizing she was actually offering to take her time and cook food for me as well.

I nodded slowly, clearing my throat. "Bacon and eggs sounds lovely." Erina nodded, her fingers reaching over to grab more eggs before easily cracking them over the bowl. She whisked them quickly, adding spices before reaching back to the fridge.

"Toast?" I shook my head, nose curling slightly. "Bread it is then." She laughed with a slight shrug, "Personally I like the difference in texture but I understand some people prefer bread with their eggs."

She flowed around the kitchen with ease, filling the air with the scent of the crispy bacon before she doused it with the creamy eggs. Not too long after, I had a heaping plate in front of me while she rinsed out the pan and prepared her own breakfast.

"I love cooking, anything that has to do with cooking. I just hate the dishes." She added with a thin smile before taking her seat across the counter. "Cedric always laughs about it, especially after we watched an anime where I have a namesake in." She giggled to herself while I simply stuffed my face with the food, forcing myself to slow down enough so I could actually chew.

Two sets of feet padded closer and a grumble sounded. "Why does the new guy get free breakfast and we have to make our own?" Alric grumbled as he stalked towards the fridge and grabbed a carton of milk.

"Perhaps because he is the only one here that doesn't break the rules every time he steps out in the hallway?" She asked mockingly before adding, "If you guys hadn't been bumping egos earlier, you would've had breakfast already."

Jake rubbed over his slightly bleeding arm, crunching his nose up as he grabbed some napkins to press against the claw marks on his skin. "Well, can you make us some now?"