Chapter 19 - Moms....

---Kyle's POV---

"What?" I snapped after a while of being stared at, feeling oddly annoyed of being so deeply scrutinized. All I got in response was a huff as Shadow stretched out, showing off his massive belly full of soft looking fur and averted his eyes from me.

But only for a second, before he was back on his paws, trudging to my other side and laying down there, head jarring against my knee without a care as he rolled over.

I snorted, shaking my head before reaching a trembling hand out to his silent invitation. Or more like demand, as he hadn't stopped huffing and pushing himself against me, presenting his belly whenever I looked at him.

"You're such a wuss." I grumbled, smiling despite the shards of pain that shot through my fingers with each motion. Yet the satisfaction of the soft fur in the palm of my hand along with the content grumbles as Shadow draped his legs over my arm was enough to push the pain back.

Unconsciously my hands paused and Shadow didn't miss a beat, his massive paws landing on my shoulders with a firm shove, demanding more belly rubs.

"Demanding little pup is what you are." I chuckled, deciding to lay down besides the wolf to rub through his belly. Here he was, the all feared enforcer of the wolf pack, nearly lying on top of me and demanding belly rubs like the queen he was.

And even with the shoves against my shoulders whenever he insisted on more, his paws seemed to avoid my hands entirely. Each time I made a noise of complaint, his ears would perk up, eyes finding mine to assess me before relaxing once more.

A soft smile played over my lips as I worked through his fur, gently unknotting it as I went. I was grateful for this wolf, for the way he captured and diverted my attention with ease. He allowed me to relax and take my mind of the piece of shit that was my mate.

Max... My heart still ached, seeing him smile down at me in his memories. His gentle touches that had warmed my soul, the passionate kisses we shared.

The absolute disgust and hatred when-

A huff sounded before a paw shot out, hitting me straight in the balls. All the air escaped out of my lungs as I groaned and rolled my face in the grass, my aching hands instantly finding my throbbing groin.

Saliva flooded my mouth as instant nausea made the world spin, stomach threatening to heave what little food it held as I heard people rushing towards me.

"Kyle! Are you okay?"

The wolf besides me growled as it jumped over my crumbled form and snarled protectively while I cursed its existence in my head.

A groan slipped out my mouth as I tried my best to catch my breath, feeling faint. "You fucking dickhead!" I grunted at the wolf, whom was now overly protective while he was the one that had kicked me so hard, I swore my grandchildren would be able to feel it.

That is, if I can still fucking reproduce after this!

Drake cringed in sympathy when he finally managed to reach me, patting me awkwardly on the shoulder because honestly, what could he do?

"Try and take some deep breaths Kyle." After a few more minutes filled with pained grunts and whispered promises to turn Shadow into a fur blanket, I slowly managed to rise to my knees, taking a few deep gulps all the while Shadow averted his head in nonchalance.

Dickhead.

Drake chuckled, offering his hand to help me up before patting my shoulder again, this time leading me towards the exit. "Let's go and get some food ready. We can come over after dinner or tomorrow, depending if the pack is out for hunting tonight."