Chapter 2

The apartment has a very clean feel to it. It is open plan, the kitchen faces me as I enter from the hallway,all steel and very professional looking. The wall to the right has a shrine to Arsenal football club with a signed framed jersey from one of their winning seasons with a few smaller pictures around it.

The walls are sky blue and it compliments the space with 2 bay windows beaming light in (even in the rain)

To the left there are 2 sofas facing each other with a coffee table in the middle.

On shelfs there are figurines from sci-fi shows.

"So what do you think of the place?" Greg asks

"It's huge" I respond,"How can you afford this?"

"Charlie's folks"

"Wow lucky Charlie"

"Not so lucky" Charlie says walking out from a door past the kitchen. He is shirtless and towel drying himself off, I couldn't help but notice his hairy chest. It made me wonder if he was hiding a six pack under that fur!

Charlie continued, "It's mine as long as I stay in the family business"

"What business is that?" I enquire

"Publishing"

"A beautiful home and a job for life, how bad? have you been in the business for long?"

"I'm happy to discuss it at a later time, for now you need to take off your clothes!"

"Excuse me?"

"In case you haven't noticed your clothes are soaking"

"Oh!" I murmur

Charlie smiles showing off his amazing smile and exposing his dimples I give him a sheepish look in return.

Greg laughs and shows me to the bedroom.

" There are 2 rooms both with ensuites, you take my room and I'll bunk in with Charlie"

"No way I am the one putting you both out, keep your room I'm more than happy to take the couch"

I didn't hear charlie behind me until he says" Nah it's all good, winter is coming and Greggy can keep me warm" They both laugh

Greg walks into the ensuite and reurns with a towel.

"Clean up Minnie, dinner is nearly ready"

I start to argue again about the sleeping arrangements but Greg puts up his hand to indicate that the issue is no longer to be discussed.

they both leave me so I throw my bag by the bed and head into the bathroom for a shower.

I change into a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a tank top and keep my wet hair in a towel and head back out into the living room.

Greg and Charlie are sitting at the breakfast bar chatting away when they notice my arrival and quickly cease talking.

As I get closer I can't help but get the beautiful smell of cottage pie eminating from the oven. my stomach growls in anticipation.

"You can't beat proper cooking " I say and the lads nod in unison. I joined them at the bar. Greg starts to talk but I interject,

"Can I just say thank you both for allowing me to stay . I will stay out of your way while I'm here and hopefully I won't inconvience you for too long"

"Minnie, it's ok really, Charlie and I are more than happy for you to stay as long as you need. You were there for me when I needed someone, now I'm being a great big brother and returning the favour"

Charlie adds,"And it will be lovely having a lady in the house it's been too long"

"Thank you " I say again feeling tears swelling up.

"Say no more about it" Charlie says while wiping a stray tear from my eye, "Now grubs up"

We eat our meal at the bar. We laugh and talk and watch the rain continue to fall.

It feels really good being here and it's only been a few hours.