34: Shrine Maiden's Prayer

Katsuki and Izuku headed to one of the restaurants to retrieve dinner to bring home while Kaminari and Kirishima headed back to the van with all the shopping bags. Kaminari watched as Kirishima put the bags in the vehicle without a word.

"What's wrong?" Kaminari asked finally and watched his boyfriend slam the trunk closed.

"Nothing." The red head said shortly and Kaminari sighed.

"Tell me." The dog boy pressed. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at Kirishima expectantly.

"I should've been able to handle that." Kirishima sighed and ran his fingers through his spiky hair angrily. He looked frustrated.

"Kiri, it was a two against one. Katsuki's literally part predator, he can handle those kinds of situations." Kaminari explained and stepped closer to his stressed partner.

"No Kami!" Kirishima burst. The dog boy stopped in his tracks stunned at the sudden anger.

"I should've been able to protect you, I'm your boyfriend, how am I supposed to keep you safe if I can't even fend off two dickheads in a clothing store?!" Kirishima's breath became laboured and hot tears sprung to his eyes. Kaminari watched sadly as Kirishima began to melt down right in front of him. The bigger boy was pacing and gripping his hair. "What if- What if those filthy fucking criminals come back for you? And I can't do a single thing. I can't lose you again." He choked on a sob and the tears began spilling down his face. The dog boy pulled Kirishima by his jacket and pulled the bigger boy into a hug.

"I can't r-rely on Katsuki for everything, I can't. What kind of man does that make me? I'm pathetic." His voice broke. He cried heavily and sobbed into Kaminari's chest.

The dog boy didn't know what to say. He felt tears forming in his own eyes. He was pained that Kirishima was having such a hard time with everything. With Kaminari's kidnapping, with his new hybrid features, the fact that they're looked at differently in public, the yellow haired boy just wanted everything go back to the way it was. He stroked Kirishima's hair and squeezed him tightly.

-

Katsuki held Izuku in one of his arms and propped the smaller boy on his hip. They were waiting in line at one of the restaurants so they could order their food to go.

Katsuki couldn't stop looking at Izuku, he looked so majestic in the outfit and makeup. It was as if a shrine maiden and a lucky cat had a baby. The bells jingled softly whenever the cat boy turned his head or moved his tail.
"Fuck." Katsuki whispered softly, running his eyes over the beautiful creature he held in his arms. Izuku looked into Katsuki's eyes and smiled.

"Fuck what? Me?" Izuku whispered under his breath in reply teasingly and Katsuki swore he felt his knees about to buckle.

"I can't wait to get you home." Katsuki smirked and kissed Izuku on the cheek. The cat boy giggled and blushed. He loved when the wolf boy fawned over him.

They reached the front of the line and gave their rather large order. They were directed to step to the side of the counter while they wait. Katsuki leaned against the wall with his food ticket number in one hand and Izuku still perched in his other.

"Oh, what a precious boy! You must be so proud. He must resemble his mother?" An elderly lady with bear ears perched atop her curly silver hair approached the two. "Such a pretty kimono too. How old are you sweetie?" Katsuki was confused, did this lady think Izuku was his son? He knew he was much bigger than Izuku and since Izuku is a neko his growth is stunted to a smaller size. He began to wonder if the old bat was missing her glasses. Katsuki turned his gaze to Izuku who also looked confused.