42: Punishment

"What do you mean my birth mother? She's dead, there's no way it could've been her." Izuku felt stunned, he sat there in disbelief. There was no possible way his mother was alive, his old boss had told him when he was young that she'd died in a car accident with his dad.

"I was working at my volunteer job at the group home, I saw a woman there, she didn't look like a hybrid but she was using sign language and reading lips." Mei explained and Izuku listened in attentively. "She has the same eyes and hair colour as you. I thought there was no way it was possible but I checked our registration office and found her file." Mei pulled out her phone and showed Izuku the pictures she'd taken of the forms. "It was so illegal for me to take these but I think you deserve to know."

Izuku slowly took the phone from Mei and investigated the photographs. The paper read 'Midoriya, Inko. Neko Hybrid. July 4, 1981. Offspring: 1. Relationship status: Separated. Secondary gender: Omega.' Izuku glanced at the note section but couldn't make out the hand writing.

"What does this part say?" Izuku asked breathily. He was in shock and awe. His mother was alive.

"It says 'Surgical scarring on head and tail bone. Client claims her mate had sold her neko ears and tail to an underground black market group.' It explains her limp and her hearing impairment. There's also this." She swiped to the left to reveal another photo. A photograph of his mother showed her smiling with her round eyes, green hair and pale skin. Izuku gazed at the photo of his mother. He never thought he'd see what she looked like. He felt his throat tightening as he began to get emotional.

"I don't know what to say." Izuku swallowed thickly, he couldn't take his gaze off the photograph.

"You don't have to say anything, I just think you deserved to know that you do have a parent. I could ask her if she wants to have a meeting with you at the shelter." Izuku gave Mei her phone back still stunned.

"If it is possible I do really want to meet her. I have so many questions." Izuku explained. He grabbed Mei's hand and squeezed it gently. "Thank you so much, you've helped so much and been an amazing friend to me." The pink haired girl smiled warmly and pulled the cat boy into a hug.

"That's what friends are for, Merry Christmas." Izuku teared up a little bit at that and smiled into Mei's shoulder.

"Merry Christmas." The cat boy replied.

Katsuki leaned against the far wall as he'd watched the whole interaction unfold from a distance. He couldn't hear what the two had been saying due to the stereo volume and over the voices of Kaminari and Mina. Whatever they had chatted about made Izuku happy and emotional. Clearly Izuku had received great news and Katsuki was dying to know what it was. He swirled his whiskey in his glass and took a sip. He will let Izuku tell him himself, he didn't want to pry after they had just gotten over their first fight.

"I'll find out what I can do so you can meet her. Now, tell me more about this rut situation. I'll try to give you some advice." Mei took a drink from her glass and folded her legs in a criss cross position and faced the cat boy fully.

"Well, usually, anytime Kacchan and I touch each other even a little bit he gets excited but not today, I think the stress of our fight may have effected him in more ways than one." Izuku explained and took a sip from his can.

"Well lately what have you guys been into?" Mei questioned curiously.

"Well..." Izuku blushed a bit. "I've been experimenting with dominance." Izuku placed a hand on his face shyly.