41: Integrity's Eve

Izuku stormed out of the hospital exit with clenched fists. His eyes welled with tears.
How could Katsuki keep this from him? He felt heartbroken and betrayed. He placed his hand on his stomach and sobbed. He mourned the pups he could never have. He felt nauseous and distraught. His omega instincts were raging with sorrow and anger.

People walked passed him but never said a word. He received some concerned and confused stares as he stood outside the front doors of the hospital. Sobs wracked his small body.

"Izuku!" Katsuki called but the cat boy didn't turn around.
Izuku couldn't help but feel angry. He wiped at his tears aggressively. He could hear the wolf boys foot steps slow behind him.

"Izuku-"

"How could you!" Izuku yelled furiously and whipped around on Katsuki. The wolf boy flinched in surprise at the cat boys' out burst. "How could you keep this from me?! Something so important to me!" Izuku began to cry all over again. Katsuki's heart was in his stomach. He was sweating profusely as the guilt began to eat him alive.

"I didn't want to hurt you with the bad news, you've been through so much-" Katsuki tried but Izuku wasn't having any of it. The cat boys' eyes were dim with fury and sadness, he looked at Katsuki as if he were his worst enemy.

"You knew I wanted pups and you let me hope for us to have a family, you let me believe in something that will never happen!" Izuku bit back and the blond stepped forward but the cat boy stepped backward.

"Kitten, please." Katsuki's voice broke and reached out for Izuku but the cat boy shrugged him off.

"You broke my trust, Bakugou." Izuku stated coldly and Katsuki's knees shook.

A deep, painful ache throbbed through Katsuki's chest. Izuku had referred to him as Bakugou. No nickname, just formality as if the wolf boy was nothing to him but an acquaintance. He could feel a hot prickly feeling in the back of his eyes and tears started spilling down the wolf boys cheeks. His ash blond ears flattened to his head as Izuku turned his back on him and headed toward the parking lot where they'd parked the van.
He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Kirishima. Kaminari, Mei and Todoroki were not far behind as they had all seen the event unfold.

"Let's go home." Kirishima said gently. "I'm sure his anger won't last."
Katsuki nodded and wiped his tears with his sleeves.

-

The anger did last.

It'd been the rest of November and more than half of December since Izuku had found out about his condition. Katsuki was sleeping on the living room couch while Izuku stayed in their room. The cat boy had been regressing to cope with the new found knowledge and was colouring, painting and watching shows for days in the bedroom. The only time Katsuki saw him was when he'd bring the cat boy his meals but those moments were short lived because once Izuku received his food he'd shut the door immediately, not leaving any chances for Katsuki to speak.

Katsuki tried to keep in mind that neko hybrids got over traumatic events quickly but he was losing hope. He felt as though Izuku would leave him over this and he felt like he was going mad.

Izuku had handled his December heat by himself in the room. Katsuki's instincts were going insane as he could smell Izuku's heat pheromones. Katsuki was having a hard time not being able to sleep and he felt to guilty to eat properly. He would either binge food in the middle of the night or not eat for the whole day. He began to fall into a rut as he underwent intense stress. During nights Katsuki couldn't sleep he'd sit outside their bedroom door and he could hear Izuku crying himself to sleep. The wolf boy felt hollow inside without Izuku, as though life isn't worth living without his mate.