iv. cracks

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

"SIRIUS, WHY'RE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?" Grace sighed, adjusting Elena on her hip.

"Like what?" Sirius asked.

"Like you're about to tell me some really bad news," Grace said.

"Well, that would be because I am," Sirius mumbled sheepishly. "Remus is going back undercover."

"He's what?" Cass shouted from the other room. Clearly, Sirius wasn't being as quiet as he intended to be. Sirius sighed as his sister stormed through, her arms crossed. "And you're letting him?"

"He's a grown man, Cass," Sirius said.

"He's not going, he's not going to leave you by yourself in this flat. Its too big," Cass said firmly. "He isn't going anywhere I'm going to speak to Dumbledore myself."

"I don't think he has much of a choice Cass," Sirius said. "Dumbledore—"

"I don't care," Cass said flatly. "Sirius, to be honest I couldn't give less of a fuck about what that stupid old—"

"Not talking about me are you?" Remus strolled in, twinkle in his eye. "Because you do know you're older than me, right?"

"You're not going back undercover," Cass said. "Tell me you're not."

Remus' expression falters.

"I'm not having it Remus, I swear to god I'll go to Dumbledore myself," Cass snapped. "I've had enough of this now, you're not going and that's that."

"You're not my mother Cass," Remus said tiredly. "It's best for the—"

"Unless it's best for you, then I don't want to fucking know," Cass said. "Have you told James?"

"James doesn't need to know," Remus said. Cass scoffed.

"James doesn't need to know, my behind," she said. "You don't want to tell him because you know he'll tell you not to go."

"I'm going," Remus said.

"You're not," Cass said.

Sirius stared between the two of them, dumbfounded at the conflict.

"I'm begging you Remus, please don't go," Cass said quietly. "Please."

"I have to, Cass."

"Hang on a sec, he's my boyfriend, I'm the one who should be begging him not to go," Sirius said.

"Be my guest," Cass said. "I'm going to tell James and Lily."

"You are not Cass," Remus said. "I'll tell them when I'm good and ready."

"Which will be after you've left, because you're being a big fanny about it and don't want to tell them," Cass said. "Sirius, where's your mirror?"

Sirius handed it to her without a word.