ii. bright and clear

" a new baby is like the beginning of all things — wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities

" a new baby is like the beginning of all things — wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities. "

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

"YOU— WHAT?" JAMES SAID, his eyes wide. "Are you sure?"

"Pretty sure, yeah." Lily said, giving James a did-you-really-just-ask-that look. "Shit, what do we do?"

"I don't know! I've never been pregnant before!" James said.

"Neither have I!"

"We have to get you to a professional, no one here knows how to deliver a baby." Marlene said.

"Don't you have a midwife or something?" Noah said.

"What's a midwife?" James asked. "Should we have one?"

"It's a muggle thing." Noah explained. "But I'll take that as a no."

"Merlins beard, you'd think you would have planned this before you were actually having the bloody baby." Sirius mumbled.

"Shut it Pads." James said, taking his glasses off and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Wait, wait, didn't Fabian say that his sister could deliver babies?" Dorcas said.

"Who's Fabian?" Cass whispered to Noah.

"Fabian Prewett." Noah whispered back. "He and his brother Gideon are in the order, they were a few years above us at school."

"We don't know her though! We can't just rock up at her house and say 'hi, please can you deliver my baby?'" Lily said, running a hand through her hair.

"Mum'll know what to do." James said decisively. "I'll floo her, now."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

EUPHEMIA POTTER, THE ALMIGHTY, WAS also, apparently, able to deliver babies. She flooed to the flat immediately, not even hesitating to help birth her grandchild. Peter, Dorcas, Marlene, Alice and Frank had had to go home, all of them having work the next day. Remus had stayed, not having to be anywhere anytime soon.

Cass was there to help her, figuring it would come in handy in the future (maybe not exactly because how many students at Hogwarts were going to be giving birth). James was trying his best to coax Lily through her contractions, but all he seemed to be doing was pissing her off. Sirius, Noah and Remus had given up trying to help, seeking refuge in the living room away from Lily's wrath.

Sirius had nearly been given a concussion after he made a joke about calling the baby "actual proof James Potter had sex with Lily Evans" and Lily had thrown a lamp at him (being in the middle of a more painful contraction).

Then, at 5:07am on January 7th 1979, after eleven stressful hours, Lily gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She and James were both crying, hugging each other and Lily apologising profusely for shouting at him so much whilst she was in labour. James just laughed, kissing her forehead and holding her close. Cass slipped out of the room, allowing the new family some time alone.