viii. adrenalin (i)

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

THE FRONT DOOR SLAMMED AND SIRIUS woke with a start, clutching for Remus beside him, but finding the bed empty. Of course he'd left without saying goodbye. He was in such a mood recently, and Sirius supposed he'd been in one as well. They were walking on eggshells around each other like crazy people, instead of actually sitting and talking it out.

Remus thought he was the spy, Sirius could feel it in his bones, and Sirius had his own suspicions about Remus. Not because he was a werewolf, just because he was acting really suspicious. Maybe it was because they never really crossed paths at the moment, until they went to sleep. Remus was doing 'werewolf business' for the order, but how was Sirius meant to know if it was actually that?

Sirius was busy with his own stuff too, I mean he literally had a child so that tended to take up a lot of time. Since he and Cass had had their weird spat he'd decided that it was important for them to spend more time together.

He also felt like he should be putting ten times more work into the Order, mainly to prove a point.

Sirius figured he may as well get up now, and flung the covers off of his bed. His neck twinged as he stretched out, he hadn't been sleeping well recently as it was but he literally could not get comfortable.

He yawned as he wandered through to the kitchen. In hindsight, keeping the flat after Lily and James, and Cass and Noah had moved out wasn't his smartest idea. He missed everyone living together, and now he felt so disconnected from everyone. He had half a mind to convince Marlene and Grace to move in, there was more than enough room.

He poured himself a cup of coffee, glad that at least Remus had had the decency to leave him enough in the pot. God, Remus was being such a dick at the moment.

He shoved some toast in the toaster, flicking vaguely through the paper as he waited. Nothing really noteworthy, he'd save it to do the crossword later. At least now James had moved out he didn't have to fight anyone for the puzzles.

The flat felt more empty than normal as he sat at the table, trying to keep his mind off things with the radio. He actually couldn't remember the last time he and Remus had had breakfast together.

Won't be back tonight. -R x

Oh, great. He'd missed that note. Another dampener to his day. He was so going to make someone spend time with him.

The phone rang, making him jump so violently that he threw his toast over his shoulder. Cursing, he picked it up.

"'Lo?"

"Morning sunshine," James said from down the line. "You didn't answer my mirror, dickhead."

"Sorry it's in my room," Sirius said. "What's up?"

"Just thought I'd give you a call."

"Why?" Sirius asked.

"Blimey Pads, is it a crime to want to talk to my best mate? Clara love, don't eat the block."

"Alright sorry Prongs, I'm not properly awake yet," Sirius mumbled.

"Remus about?"

A beat of silence.

"Er no, he's not," Sirius said.

"Any idea-"

"Haven't the foggiest," Sirius cut him off. "Left me a note saying he wouldn't be back tonight."

"Oh," was all James said.

Oh indeed.

"I'm sorry," James said after a minute or so.