xv. jellybean

" there is nothing like a newborn baby to renew your spirit and to buttress your resolve to make the world a better place

" there is nothing like a newborn baby to renew your spirit and to buttress your resolve to make the world a better place. "
virginia kelley

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS WAS LYING STILL in the hospital bed, several tubes sticking out of her, feeding her with the nutrients thst she had been deprived off for the past ten days. Noah cautiously sat down in the chair, taking her hand gently, as if scared she might break. Cass whimpered softly in her sleep, squeezing Noah's hand tightly. She screamed.

"Cass, Cassie, wake up love." Noah said, shaking her gently. Cass wrenched out of his grip, thrashing about in the bed. Noah shook her a little harder, watching with worried eyes as she cried. Cass gasped and her eyes snapped open, panting slightly. She looked around panicked.

"Where's Lily?" She asked immediately, starting to get out of bed. She couldn't move for the tubes sticking out of her arm and she started crying. "No, get them off, please." She pulled against the tubes, painfully feeling like she was once again bound to the wall with the heavy shackles that had adorned her wrists for the past ten days. "Noah, I need them off."

"Love, they're there to help you." Noah said gently, carefully pushing Cass back down onto the bed.

"I need them off of me." Cass sobbed. "Please, I need to move." She used her free hand to take a hold of the tubes.

"Cassie, listen to me okay? They're there to help you, you need to build your strength back up. You haven't been eating properly for ten days and all of the food was going to jellybean, you have to keep them on." Noah spoke in a soothing tone, trying to get Cass' ragged breathing to slow.

"I need to see Lily." Cass said. "I need to see she's— is she—" Cass swallowed thickly, reluctantly letting go of the tubes sprouting from her arm.

"She's alive love." Noah said. "You can see her soon, but you need to rest."

"Noah, I'm so sorry." Cass whispered. "If I hadn't gone on the stupid mission, if i hadn't gotten myself kidnapped, again, then we would— jellybean wouldn't have..." She hiccuped slightly, closing her eyes. "I'm so so sorry."

"Cassie, you did amazingly." Noah said. "And jellybean didn't. Cassie, they saved them." Cass opened her eyes, staring at Noah in disbelief.

"What? B-but I— I couldn't— I didn't— them?"

"Twins." Noah nodded, smiling softly. "You kept them safe baby, they're going to be fine. The healers are just making sure everything is developed enough, and we're going to go from there, okay? They're going to bring them here as soon as they're sure they're stable. You did beautifully darling."

Cass did not say anything for a moment, she was so sure that she had ruined everything, that she had lost her child, that she couldn't quite take it in. By some miracle, her baby, babies, were alive. By some miracle, they hadn't been killed by Cass' inability to think things through, her inner reckless Gryffindor. Her face split into a teary smile and she threw her arms around Noah.