vi. he'll come back

" absence makes the heart grow fonder

" absence makes the heart grow fonder. "

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

SIRIUS SIGHED AS HE PICKED Cass up from the couch, knowing that sleeping on the sofa was killing her back. It had been four days, and Noah had not returned. Cass barely ate, barely slept, still having to go in to work on top of that. Sirius carefully laid her down on her bed, pulling a blanket loosely over her. He jumped as there was a quiet knock on the door, humming softly to himself as he went through to answer it.

"Oh, hey Moons," Sirius said. "You alright?"

"We need to talk," Remus said, a determined look on his face. Sirius paled slightly, the last time Remus said they had to talk ended in his heart being shattered.

"Erm— okay," Sirius mumbled. "Want a cuppa?"

"Sure," Remus said. Sirius led the way to the living room, his forehead creased into a worried frown. He waved his wand to boil the kettle, fetching two mugs. Remus' leg bounced, his fingers drumming against it as he sat on the sofa. Sirius placed the tea on the table, sitting down next to Remus.

"What's this about Rem?" Sirius said. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, everything's fine," Remus said breathlessly. "I just, oh Merlin Sirius."

"What?" Sirius said. "Rem, seriously what's going on? You're scaring—"

Sirius was cut off by Remus crashing his lips on his, nearly pulling away out of shock.

Remus had never felt like this about anyone, Sirius was constantly on his mind. It had physically pained him to break up with him in the first place, and he had tried to stop feeling like this for Sirius, to try to protect him from the monster that was within Remus, but Sirius Black was too damn irresistible.

"Rem," Sirius breathed, finally pulling away from the kiss. "I thought..."

"I love you, Sirius," Remus said. "Fucking hell, I love you so much, I'm so sorry for taking this long to sort my shit out, man up, and tell you. I never should have broken us up, but I was trying to protect you, from me."

"You don't need to protect me from you," Sirius said softly. "Remus, you're the best person I've ever met. I love you, so much."

Remus let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Now, kiss me again," Sirius said. "Please."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS WOKE UP, GASPING FOR air. She felt around blindly for Noah, before remembering that Noah wasn't there. He wasn't there.

A small sob escaped Cass' lips as she flicked on the bedside lamp. The bed felt so empty without Noah's presence, no comforting warmth of his body to make her feel safe. She got out of bed, wrapping the blanket around her shoulders, and padded through to Sirius' room. She couldn't sleep alone, and Sirius would probably still be awake, he always seemed to be. She knocked on the door, shivering slightly from in the draughty corridor. There was no answer for a minute, then a thump, and then a muffled "come in."