v. the union of soulmates

" love me and the world is mine

" love me and the world is mine. "
-david reed

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

LILY WAS PACING THE LENGTH of the room at Potter Manor she was getting ready in, twisting her hands together nervously. Today was the day she was going to marry James, and she had never been more excited. If you had told her fifth year self that James Potter, the arrogant toerag that he was at the time, would become one of the sweetest, most caring, lovable people she knew, she'd have told you you were crazy. She'd have probably suggested you see a doctor if you'd told her she'd be marrying him.

"Lils, would you sit down?" Cass said. "I can't exactly paint your nails if you're pacing."

"Right, sorry." Lily mumbled, taking a seat at the dressing table. "Where's Clara?"

"The boys have got her." Cass said, setting about painting Lily's a nude pink. "Remus is looking after her until the meal, and then I'll take over."

"Okay, okay good." Lily said. "Shit, Cass. I'm actually getting married today."

"You actually are." Cass said, her mouth twitching into a smile. "No need to act so surpirsed."

"I never imagined I'd settle down so soon, thats all." Lily said. "Like I'm barely nineteen, and I have a kid and I'm about to get married."

"Life comes at you fast sometimes, huh." Cass laughed.

"Like, don't get me wring, I wouldn't change it for the world — I love James, he's the best thing that's ever happened to me, but it's just... different to how I imagined my life would go."

"Yeah, but if you hadn't fallen in love with James, you wouldn't have had Clara." Cass said. "And anyways, you and James are fucking soulmates — call it what you want, fate maybe, but you two are meant to be."

"I like to think so." Lily smiled softly. There was a knock at the door and Marlene stuck her head round.

"You almost ready Lils?" She said. "Your mums here, should I send her up?"

"Yeah." Lily said. "To both questions."

"Okie dokie." Marlene said. "Poppy's here, by the way." Lily paled ever so slightly, closing her eyes for a moment.

"Oh, good." She muttered. "Do you reckon she'll be pissed I didn't ask her to be a bridesmaid?"

"Probably." Cass said. "But who cares? It's most definelty her problem, she's the one who hasn't spoken to you since she left."

"Yeah, yeah you're right." Lily said. "Okay, I think I'm ready. Where's my dress?"

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

LILY LOOKED BREATHTAKING IN her wedding dress, practically glowing with happiness. Marlene, Alice, Dorcas and Cass were grinning ear to ear as she examined herself in the mirror. Maria Evans was sniffling quietly.